➝ trick or treat, freak

——————————————————

you make me feel like dirt and i'm hurt——————————————————

——————————————————

wednesday, october 31, 1984

"🆃he Ghostbuster," Rick Brown, the father of Ben, laughed, as he dropped his son off in front of the middle school. "in the flesh."

From a distance, they could see his friends standing by their bikes. All four of them were dressed as the Ghostbusters. For months the group had planned out what they wanted to dress as. In all options, Ben was always either a minor role or something that didn't obviously say: 'Hey, look at me, I'm dressed up as something.'

"Oh my god," Ben laughed when he joined them. "I can't believe you actually did it?"

"And," Mike said defensively. "You didn't?"

"Yeah," Ben continued laughing. He opened his arms and pointed around to other students walking around. "Like most people,"

"Shit," Dustin cursed as more and more people brushed past them.

"Aaah," Ben flicked away a tear that had escaped his eye from laughing too much. "I love you guys, please never change."

ₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚.˚◦○˚ ୧ .˚ₓ

Inside the halls, Ben followed Dustin and Lucas towards their lockers. Max came zooming past them catching Dustin and Lucas off guard.

"We gonna do this?" Dustin asked, eyes not leaving Max.

"Do what?" Ben asked them, confused.

"Not right now," Lucas answered Dustin. "We look like morons."

"That's about right," Ben laughed.

"Maybe she likes Ghostbusters," Dustin asked.

"Of course she likes Ghostbusters," Lucas said, making Ben chuckle. "But that's not the point. The point is that we're dressed up and she isn't."

"Sure, that's the problem," Ben continued laughing. Ben stopped laughing when he looked back towards Max's locker. There he watched how Victoria joined her. She looked better, he noticed. She looked less confused. She looked happier.

"Ben!" Lucas shook him out of his thoughts. "You coming?"

"Yeah, yeah," Ben shook his head one more time. Why did he care if Victoria looked better or not?