➝ the monster

——————————————————

hiding the tears in my eyes——————————————————

——————————————————

saturday, november 11, 1983

🆃he day after Barbara's disappearance were difficult for her little sister. Many people in school had noticed as well. Victoria was always known as an emotionless, well-dressed person. She was a pretty girl who always ensured she looked proper and neat. Her hair would, always, be neatly brushed and styled. Not one wrinkle could be spotted on her attire as she strutted through the hallways. Her head was always held high, a way of daring others to get in her way.

But that had all changed.

Victoria looked more and more dishevelled and confused. Her eyes remained downcast, The floor and her shoes becoming more and more interesting. During lunch, people didn't see her anywhere and one girl even claimed to hear somebody that sounded awfully a lot like Victoria sniffling in the bathrooms during lunch period.

The young girl had always been quiet, but that was different. Before her sister went missing she would make sounds of disapproval around James and Troy. Or she would say short sentences when those two weren't around her. But now she didn't say anything, nowhere, no matter the circumstances.

And then the assembly for Will happened. The moment everything seemed to shatter about the perfect appearance of the school's very own it-girl. James and Troy turned on their own friend. Victoria whom many thought was their leader turned out to be just a puppet.

When she ran out of the gym crying, she received something that she had never gotten before. Something she had never experienced.

Pity.

Classmates would slight their tests or their homework over so that she could more easily cheat and Mr Clarke would purposefully skip over her in class. At first, Victoria didn't even notice it. It wasn't until she actively overheard someone talking about her that she realised what was happening around her.

Victoria didn't like this new version of herself. So she decided to go back to her old friends. Apologise and continue staying by their sides.

"Oh look who it is," Troy laughed as he saw Victoria walk up to them. At this specific moment, she looked better than she had all day, but that absent look was still there, deep inside her blue eyes.

"I want to apologise," Victoria spoke up, choosing to ignore the teasing tone in his voice. She placed her plate of food in front of them and sat down.