➝ holly jolly

——————————————————

so i try to laugh about it——————————————————

——————————————————

Wednesday, November 9, 1983

🆅ictoria woke up with a start. Her mother was banging on her door, like usual. She lay on her back staring up at the ceiling.

"Wake up, honey," her mother yelled through the door.

With a sigh, she sat up in her bed. She looked around her room, her right hand came up in front of her mouth to cover a yawn. Her gaze passed the mirror standing on top of her dresser. In it, she could see herself. Her long blond hair looked like a bird's nest on top of her head, her blue eyes were small, still getting used to the rays of sunlight pouring through her curtains. She rolled her eyes at the sight of herself.

After brooding in self-pity for a moment, she rolled out of bed. She sauntered over to her closet and dresser. The pieces of furniture were still as messy as they had been at the beginning of the week. Clothing items left, right and centre, some needed to be put in her laundry basket others had just been washed. Instead of putting them away immediately, she had placed them on the closet surface.

Pulling her brown sweatshirt properly over her head, she reached the dining room. Her father, like always, sat at his end of the table. A warm cup of coffee in front of him and the newspaper of that day already in his hands.

"Good morning," He greeted the girl.

"Morning," She sat down in her chair as her mother placed a plate full of Eggos in front of her.

Without saying anything, Victoria started eating. Then she suddenly paused.

"Where was her sister?" she thought. Suddenly, the vacant seat next to her stood out like a sour thumb. It was weird that she hadn't noticed it when she entered the room, let alone after she sat down.

Her mother who had joined the family at the table noticed her youngest looking at the chair.,

"Barbara is at Nancy's," She explained with pride beaming in her eyes. "Studying for a test."

"You should try that, you know," Her father spoke without looking away from the article he was reading.

With a deep sigh and a roll of her eyes, Victoria continued eating as if nothing had been said.