➝ the flea and the acrobat

——————————————————

i try to laugh about it——————————————————

——————————————————

Thursday, November 10, 1983

🆃he group of five boys and Eleven were trying to create a structure in the chaos that they had just discovered. Ben was sprawled out on the floor on his back. His face stared up at the ceiling.

"It's like riddles in the dark," Dustin sighed. The boy with the snapback was sitting on the stairs.

"Like home," Ben thought out loud, as he leaned up onto his elbows. At the same time Mike, who was pacing back and forth in the room, stepped over his legs. "What could he have meant by Like home?"

"Like Hawkins," Lucas tried.

"Upside Down," The soft voice of the girl spoke. Just like Ben, she had decided to lie down. Eleven was lying on her belly on the couch.

"What'd she say?" Mike asked.

"Upside Down," Eleven repeated.

"Upside Down?" Mike repeated again as if it suddenly all made sense to him. With big paces, he moved towards the table. Mike placed the board back right sides up and began explaining once every one, excluding El, sat down. "When El showed us Will, she turned the board over remember? Upside Down. Dark, empty,"

"Do you understand what he's talking about," Lucas asked the two others at the table.

Both Ben and Dustin shook their heads no.

"Come on, guys," Mike whined, "Just think about it. When El took us to find Will she took us to his house, right?"

"Yeah," Ben sighed, remembering how much he had to walk that evening. "And he wasn't there."

"But what if he was," Mike continued, "But we just couldn't see him. He was on the other side."

"The other side?" Ben asked sitting up straight again.

"What if this is Hawkins?" Mike said as he turned the board right sides up. "and this is the Upside Down," He continued as he turned it to the black side.

"Like the veil of shadows," Dustin said, eyes wide.

"The veil of what now?" Ben asked dumbfounded, letting his back hit the chair once again.