➝ the bathtub

——————————————————

'cause boys don't cry——————————————————

——————————————————

saturday, november 12, 1983

🆅ictoria's terrified eyes still lingered in Ben's mind. It was the only thing he could see whenever he closed his eyes. He was currently sitting on the couch in Mike's basement holding a bloodied tissue to his nose. Luckily for him it wasn't broken but it still didn't feel very nice.

"What the hell is that?" Dustin managed the drag the boy out of his thoughts. He looked up and tried to find what his friend was talking about.

A sort of static noise came from the Walkie-Talkie. "It's Lucas!" Ben whipped up and ran towards the table, quickly forgetting about the pain in his face.

Ben and Dustin looked at each other for a split second before Ben dashed off again. Without thinking twice he barged into the bathroom where Mike and Eleven were. Mike had decided the help the girl clean up after she had saved his life.

"Oh, I'm sorry," Ben paused his hand grasping the doorknob firmly. Both Mike and Eleven looked back at him awkwardly. Ben had walked in just at the wrong moment and he could feel it. His friend's faces had been inches apart when the door had opened. The awkwardness quickly went away as Dustin also barged into the room knocking into Ben's shoulder. He hadn't noticed anything of course.

"It's Lucas, I think he's in trouble," He spoke quickly before dashing away again. No words were exchanged as the remaining three followed him back out into the basement.

"Do you remember how he said he was looking for the gate?" Dustin explained as they reached the table. "What if he found it?"

A bunch of mumbled words together with more static came out of the radio, now in Dustin's hands.

"I don't understand a word he's saying," Ben sighed. "Do you?" He hooked his hands together and placed them on the back of his head.

"No," Dustin sighed as well, "He's way out of reach."

Mike took the Walkie-Talkie out of his friend's hands and started speaking in it. "Lucas, if you're hearing this, slow down. We can't understand you!"

It didn't seem to have helped much, Lucas was still way out of range, and the group could only try and decipher whatever was being said.

"Mad hen?" Dustin tried, "Does that mean anything to you? Like a code name or something?"

"No, you idiot," Ben spoke out after seeing the confused looks on his friend's faces. "He said, bad men!" His face suddenly cleared in realisation.