𝙭𝙡𝙫𝙞𝙞𝙞.

They knew something was wrong as soon as they set foot in the Castle unscathed. After the confrontation with Black and the tragic death of their newly found friend, they ran to the Castle, intending to end this battle once and for all.

They didn't leave Dawn unsupervised. Taehyun performed a protection spell, making her invisible, and sealed the surrounding area with a barrier to prevent anyone from entering the premises. He just hoped that no meddling Sorcerer or any magical being stumbled to the place.

"What the hell happened here?" Yeonjun had voiced what the others were thinking. It was quiet, that it was eerie.

"Something's off, especially with the monsters. It's like they just disappeared without a trace."

That too.

They expected monsters to come running and attack them at every angle, but found none. As if they magically vanished.

It was the same case outside the Castle, in the Square. The only proof there was bloodshed was the splatters of dried blood on the asphalt and walls, and the destroyed buildings.

"We won't know what's going on unless we check the situation inside." Soobin vocalized, clenching his fist tightly in anticipation. "Let's go." Then they marched forward, entering through the large main gate.

It's a little odd seeing the place almost... Empty. Lifeless. Usually, a guard or two would be seen by now.

"Where is everyone?" Kai's whispers echoed in the vast space.

"Hopefully somewhere else... And preferably alive." Taehyun answered with an uneasy tone as he scanned his eyes around the deserted Castle.

As they reached the entrance hall where the King's throne was located, they heard noises coming from it. Some kind of scuffles and groans. They carefully approached the noise and froze in their tracks when they saw a broken entrance and a body slumped on it, half dead from blood loss.

The five exchanged glances before stepping closer to the body in a single file. The person's features became visible as they got near.

"King Revon?!" Kai gasped in disbelief.

The others share the same reaction. They never expected to find the King almost dead in the ruined throne room. There wasn't a wound visible in his front, only his roughly tussled clothing. But his back was a different story. Especially the back of his head.

"What do we do?" Beomgyu was conflicted, gazing up at the Archer anxiously. Even if the person in front of them was the villain of their lives, Beomgyu was still a Healer. He can't ignore the injured man's condition.

But Soobin didn't have much time to ponder their dilemma when the King stirred weakly, his head jerking slightly from side to side. He must've noticed their presence.

"H-help me..."

But the King's pleading fell on deaf ears as the five stood rooted in their spots. They don't know what to do. Why would they help the person who made their lives miserable?