𝙭𝙭𝙭𝙫𝙞𝙞𝙞.

"The weak will always fall, and the strongest will always prevail." The King's words echoed in the forest. His cold gaze swept across the entire scene. Seeing the Quill by his feet, he carefully picked it up. "The Sacred Quill at last. Now I will be the strongest King in history. My name will echo forever and ever." He chuckled sinisterly to himself before turning his attention back to his pesky little enemies that would vanish soon.

The Archer kneeled pathetically over his two fallen comrades, and the unconscious witch with unknown magic was tied up with black magical ropes conjured by his advisor. The guards had surrounded the area with their swords drawn while waiting for orders.

"I admire your undying persistent, Archer. But I'm afraid that this will be your last battle." The King walked towards the Archer, lifting his chin abruptly so he could look into those bloodshot red eyes. How pitiful. "I've waited for this day to come. For the moment when you would be powerless. You have proven that you're no match for me. But then again, I never really expected otherwise from a little band of petty misfits." He smiled cruelly and turned on his heel.

"Guards! You know what to do."

"Yes, sir." They replied immediately, marching slowly towards the Archer and his group. A victorious smile crept onto the King's face, hearing the sound of struggling and metal slashing through flesh. Then, bodies falling down to the ground like a bag of sand.

"Come on, Black. Let's leave. We still have a world to rule." The King called out to the masked man who was carrying the unconscious witch on his shoulder. He reached out and grabbed the man's unoccupied shoulder, and they vanished in a black cloud, leaving the knights to take care of the nuisance.

The high-pitched, groaning noise of coarsened metal gates had snapped the dozing-off Summoner from his light slumber. Blinking heavily to get rid of the drowsiness in his eyes, he looked around and saw that it wasn't just a bad dream. He really was in the King's dungeon. Again. His gaze went down to his wrists, bounded by the neutralizing magic handcuffs. Kai suddenly felt a sense of Déjà vu. Now, he just needs Dawn to be with him, and it will be the granary time all over again.

The heavy footfalls of several guards coming made him tense up. Squinting his eyes in the darkness as the dungeon was only illuminated by a few torches placed strategically around the hallways, he could vaguely see someone stepping into the cell. Thrown over their shoulder was a very familiar figure. He felt his stomach drop seeing a lifeless Dawn with dry blood covering half of her face.

He really jinxed it.

"Oh, you're finally awake. I am glad you're alive. For a second, I thought I killed you. Sorry about that." The masked man casually stated, as if it was the most normal thing to happen.

"What the hell did you do to me!?" Kai began to choke out, feeling anger building in his gut. His eyes flickered from the unmoving Dawn to the smug masked man. "What did you do to her!?" His voice rose louder, shaking with both fear and outrage. His fists tightened at his sides, and he could feel them start to tremble.