𝙫.

Warning: Cringe 😅

Fortunately, Dawn and Kai didn't have to search for long because they had already heard them before they saw them.

"THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT, BEOMGYU! YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE LEFT HIM BEHIND!"

"IT'S NOT MY FAULT HE WANTED TO GO BACK AND SEARCH FOR HIS CELL BUDDY! AND DIDN'T YOU SAY YOU'LL ALERT US WHENEVER YOU SET OFF THE BOMBS!?"

"I DID WANT TO ALERT YOU! BUT THE LEADER HERE DISTRACTED ME WITH HIS RIGHTEOUS SPEECH!"

"GUYS! Calm the f*ck down. Kai could still be out there! Alive! I refuse to believe that he's dead until we find his body!" Taehyun spat the word like it was a disease.

The others looked away, their mood dropping, knowing fully well that the survival rate was low. But they didn't have the heart to tell it straight to the second youngest in the group.

"Taehyun is right and we need to search for him quickly before the reinforcement comes." Soobin stepped in, eyebrows furrowed with determination, trying not to let his thoughts stray and emotions cloud his mind.

They still have a job to do.

"It's nice to know this group is in chaos without me." Then they heard the voice of the person they thought they would never hear.

Immediately, the four boys spun on their feet, and there he was, alive and smiling.

"KAI!"

"WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN!?"

"DON'T SCARE US LIKE THAT!"

"Idiot."

As expected, the group fused over the youngest, nagging and smothering him with hugs. Kai, who had been in prison far too long and craved the warm and familiar touch, just let them do what they do. Unfortunately, making him forget about his silent companion, who didn't care much about it and was rather content with just observing the group.

Dawn was glad to know that this group genuinely cared for him. She thought they would leave the boy behind to suffer in prison.

"Uhmm. Guys? As much as I like being the center of attention. Can we stop it for a second? I'd like you to introduce someone who had been with me since my prison days and the reason why I'm alive at the explosion." As if struck by lightning, Kai instantly jumped away from the group and went beside the silent female rather excitedly. He looked like the kid who made friends at school for the first time. "Guys, meet Dawn."

She opted for a polite greeting smile.