𝙭𝙡𝙞.

The afternoon sky was bright and clear, the rays of sunshine hitting the surface glow gold, causing the warm atmosphere surrounding it. Its golden hue glistened brightly against the grass field in front of the Castle. It was such an inviting sight, but a great contrast compared to the gloomy forest surrounding the kingdom. But anyone who knew what was happening inside the castle would prefer to be inside the woods.

"Is it really okay to just barge inside the Castle? What if there's a trap waiting for us? We might find our heads cut off before we could even meet the King." Soobin spoke his concern aloud as they spied behind a large boulder just a few hundred yards away from the castle walls.

"Calm yourself, you worrywart. We have nothing to lose, anyway." Yeonjun told him sarcastically while rolling his eyes.

Soobin groaned, "Don't call me that!"

Four knights were guarding the castle gates. Usually, there would be ten or more guarding the entrance. That unusual change made him feel uneasy.

"Relax, hyung. The King thinks we're dead, so there's nothing to worry about." Taehyun reassured the older, but he, too, couldn't help but feel unsettled. "But I think it's best that we go inside the castle in disguise."

"That sounds good, but what should we change into?" Soobin asked.

"I have an idea," Yeonjun exclaimed excitedly, eyeing the guards at the entrance. His eyes lit up even more when he saw a guard left his station.

Perfect.

Walking inside the Castle with their borrowed disguises was easy. No one questioned why a group of young men wearing knights' uniforms was heading for the throne room. They weren't suspicious at all. They simply let them pass.

As they walked past a hall full of servants bustling around with pots of tea and plates of freshly cooked food, they could hear soft murmuring.

"... can't believe the King is giving them a second chance." One servant whispered.

"... You think so? But that's very unlikely." Another answered.

"I know it's improbable, but doesn't seem to be impossible, either. Why else would they come to him?" A third voice chimed in.

The three disguised travelers had exchanged confused looks among them before continuing onwards, passing by a group of servants who looked at them indifferently.

Then, they finally reached the hall that led to the throne room. The trio took a deep breath before approaching the double doors cautiously.

"Ready to be free?" Yeonjun asked, a rare soft smile gracing his plump lips.