𝙭𝙞𝙫.

"Are you sure you won't need me there? What if they suddenly attack you guys? There's only four of you against who knows how many guards there are?" Dawn wouldn't be surprised if they find her annoying by now. It's just... She's worried.

She didn't want them to go by themselves. Sure, they're strong and could take on anyone, but she can't help but worry.

"We need you here with Yeonjun hyung. He'll need you here..." Taehyun objected calmly.

"No, I don't! I also want to go with you! Who knows what the King would do to you?!" Yeonjun stubbornly huffed, then turned fast to Dawn. "No offense, doll."

"None taken," Dawn murmured, ignoring the nickname because she agreed with him. They should have all the help they could get because who knew what kind of crazy thing the King would do?

"Don't worry, guys! We have Taehyun here, so we'll be back in a flash!" Kai said cheerfully, slightly dispersing the heavy atmosphere.

"Fine. I'll trust you guys. I'll trust you, Soobin, to keep everyone safe. If you don't come back alive, I'm sure you know what I'm going to do..." Yeonjun threatened, but the others just rolled their eyes at the 'scary' look on his face.

"Don't worry, hyung. You know I'll always protect them." Soobin promised, but instead of looking at Yeonjun, he was looking at Kai, who merely glanced at him.

"Well then, let's go..."

"WAIT!"

The others flinched in surprise when they heard Dawn shouting. They looked at the girl in question.

"Before you go, I need to do something if you allow me. I wanted to give you an extra protection." Dawn hoped that they would agree, which they did, thankfully. They're also curious about what she is going to do.

Shr smiled, expressing her relief before her face turned into solemn. She placed her hands in front, forming a scarlet energy sphere, and thought of the spell that could protect them from physical damage.

Four identical rune symbols materialized out of the sphere. They went to Soobin, Kai, Taehyun, and Beomgyu's forehead, then vanished into view.

"It's not that much. It's just a simple protection spell. It would protect you from physical damage." Dawn doesn't need to tell them that there's also a tracking spell on them.

"Thank you, Dawn. We haven't got to say thank you for always saving us." Soobin said with a smile. But in his eyes, there was a hint of guilt.

"It's no problem. I'm just returning the kindness that you've been showing me. Besides... " Dawn trailed off, hesitation clear in her face. Then she took a breath as a sudden burst of confidence pushed through her. "We're friends, aren't we?"

They have never seen someone move their head away so fast. They smiled, stifling the giggles that were threatening to come out, seeing how cute the usually awkward and meek Dawn was acting. Nonetheless, the five agreed wholeheartedly. They may have just recently met the girl, but there was no denying that they now see her as a dear friend.