Chapter 18-Searching For Her Mate

HI! So, you guys really better love this chapter, after I nearly killed myself preparing to write it... I went upstairs to my room to get my laptop, and on my way back downstairs, I slipped on a freaking coloring book and fell down nearly 15 steps! O...m...g, my back hurts. :p And this chapter is short, but I really wanted to post SOMETHING before writers block attacked again. -_-

Chapter 17

"Let me get this straight," I said slowly, trying my best not to lose it as I glared at this psycho in front of me. "You dragged me all the way out here-,"

"Us," Blake interjected. "She dragged us all the way out here."

I glared at the blonde for cutting me off, but quickly turned my gaze back to Rebecca, who was staring back, almost sheepishly.

"You dragged us all the way out here," I stopped and turned to Blake after putting emphasis on 'us' and he nodded in satisfaction. I didn't roll my eyes, but I wanted to. "And you don't even know where the hell your mate is!?"

She sighed, still not meeting my eyes, and brushed her dark hair out of her face. "I-I-,"

"You what!?" I demanded, letting my anger get the best of me. "So what now? We're just going to turn around and go all the way back home?"

"No!" She exclaimed, her face turning red. "We are certainly not turning around! After all I've been through; I'm not leaving until I find him. If I have to search all of Miami, so be it. We aren't going anywhere." She had so much determination behind her eyes and in her voice, I felt myself slowly caving in.

"We?" I sort of squeaked out, glancing at Blake who was grinning, probably excited for a little excitement.

She nodded her head, reaching into the backseat and pulled back a green suitcase that I never noticed before. "Yeah, well I sort of need the both of your help to find him. I made flyers and everything!" She exclaimed, no more guilty but excited.

Blake chuckled. "You made flyers?" he asked, trying to hold back laughter.

Rebecca glared at him for a second, before reaching into a bag. She pulled out a stack of papers and shoved them at him. "Yes I made flyers." She mimicked him in a high pitched voice, causing me to roll my eyes.

A frown was on his face as he furrowed his eye brows. "I don't sound like that." He stated, glaring at Rebecca.

I grinned and leaned over to peck him on the lips. "I know-you sound very manly."

Rebecca made a fake gagging sound and handed me some papers. "Well, let's get started before I puke up my breakfast?"

Once we were all out of the vehicle, Rebecca went up to the first person she saw. I was shocked, seeing how fast she works. We were parked right on a beach so there were plenty of people around.

Blake had the same expression on his face. "What? She's just going to go up to every person she sees?"

I shrugged, gawking at Rebecca who was showing the man a picture of her mate. "Beats me," I responded, looking up at his confused face. "I guess we should do the same?"

Blake let out an annoyed groan. "This ought to be really fun." He grunted, slinging his arm over my shoulder.

"Don't be a grump! You should be happy... we're doing a nice thing for her."

"Even if she is a bitch?"

I gasped, my eyes widening as I slapped his arm. "Blake Harper Lombardi! You do not call women... that word!"

This made him smirk. "What? A bitch?"

I narrowed my eyes at him. "Blake..."

"Besides, she is not a woman. The both of you are in high school." He stated, looking down at me with a smug expression on his face.

I rolled my eyes, pushing his arm off of me. "Okay, so are you, so don't even play that card."

He let out a deep chuckle, shaking his head. "That's different and you know it. I'm much older." He responded.

"So... basically I'm dating an old pervert?" I asked, giving him a mocking smirk of my own.

A scowl was on his face and his eyes narrowed at me. "Don't even go there, Roxanne."

My mouth dropped as I gawked at the blonde. "I cannot believe you just called me that!"

"Will you two stop flirting and maybe help me out? I don't exactly have all year!" Rebecca snapped, causing me to jump cause I had no idea she'd approached us.

I gave her my sweetest, innocent smile before grabbing Blake's hand, preparing to walk off. "Of course we will!"

If I would've known that I would literally have had to walk around , handing people flyer's, asking around if they knew a Darren Pollawsko, and guess what? Half of them didn't!

"A Darry Pollawsky?" an old man asked slowly, shaking his head. He was sitting on a sidewalk in front of some clothing store, playing his flute for spare change. "No, sorry sweet heart, I don't know a Darry Pollawsky."

Shaking my head at him. "Darren Pollawsko, not Darry Pollawsky!" I exclaimed.

He looked up at me with his big brown eyes, frowning at me in confusion. "Yeah, I already told you, I don't know either of them."

I gave him a stern look, walking away from him angrily and caught back up with Blake. He had a look on his face telling me he was just as irritated as I felt. "Any luck?" I asked in a small, hopeful voice.

His eyes were an angry red as he shook his head. "Not a bit. I must've asked nearly thirty people!"

I gave him a blank look. "Okay, maybe not thirty, but close enough. Remind me again why I agreed to doing this?" He asked, in a skeptical tone.

I fluttered my eyelashes, giving him a fake smile. "Uh... because I'm the best thing thats ever happened to you?" I offered, innocently.

He then snorted. "That's what you think." He replied, motioning around us.

My mouth dropped in shock and my eyes flung open wide. The blonde burst out laughing, an amused look on his face.

"Kidding, you know you are, girl."

Rolling my eyes, "Whatever." I responded, walking off towards the first person I saw to show them my Darren flyer.

"How about we ditch this and go somewhere to make out?" Blake asked, catching up with me and I could practically hear the smirk on his face.

"Not a chance."