Chapter 29-Terrible Actress

HI. Enjoy.

___________

How do I manage to get myself into these situations? Here I was, one second, minding my business and having an angry rant to myself, and the next minute I was being shoved up against a tree by some blonde she-wolf.

The first thing about her that stood out to me was her scent. It was very outside-smelling. Weird, but not completely gross. She had to be a rogue, maybe? Either that or she was from a foreign pack that I didn't know of.

What I didn't know was what she wanted with me. I didn't have time to ask her or say anything for that matter. As soon as I opened my mouth, she mumbled something along the lines of,

"Not here. She'll notice me."

She grabbed my arm, probably expecting to drag me through the woods again. Yeah right, as if I'd let that happen again. She may have gotten away with it once, but only because she caught me off guard.

She obviously wanted to move, but I wouldn't budge. She then gave me pleading eyes. "Please, come. I just want to talk... I'm no threat."

"Oh, trust me, I know." I grumbled sarcastically, but obediently followed her.

Now, you're probably thinking I'm an idiot, and wondering why I would follow a complete stranger through the woods, especially one who basically snatched me up. But, she really seemed desperate. Besides, curiosity was getting the best of me and I wanted to know what she wanted.

I was right on her tail as we ran through the woods, dodging trees, jumping over stray pieces of wood and stuff like pros. Okay, I'm lying, she was moving like a pro. Me, on the other hand, I was stumbling and crashing into trees. She made it look easy, like she'd been doing it her entire life! She didn't seem to notice when I fell, I caught up with her pretty fast and played it off.

Why had I agreed to this again?

"Do you want me to slow down?" she asked innocently, almost like she felt bad for me. That only made me angry.

"No, I'm fine!" I snapped, narrowing my eyes at her, even though she wasn't facing me. I hated being shown up by people, and she made me feel lazy and out of shape... which I was. Having high metabolism is completely different from never working out a day in my life.

She didn't respond, but shrugged, and kept on running. Not that long after, I guess she was satisfied with our distance from the park, we finally stopped. We were in a grassy area, which had a waterfall by it. It was very beautiful; unfortunately I wasn't able to bask in it as I was trying to catch my breath. I was seriously sweating so much like a freaking pig.

"Are you okay?" the girl asked, frowning over in my direction.

I was panting, and when I was finally able to respond, "Who are you?" I asked, suddenly angry with her. "And what do you want from me?"

Her face turned the palest shade of white as she fidgeted with hem of her dress. She seemed taken aback by my bluntness. It also made a new emotion cross her face... almost like pain? I couldn't tell. her emotions were changing too fast, I had no idea what she was feeling. Almost like they were fake feelings.

She didn't say anything for a while, just stared down at the ground. I waited as patiently as I could. Finally, she glanced back up at me, and opened her mouth skeptically. "My name is Samantha Grimmor." She spoke, after a while of hesitation.

"I just-," she stopped. "I don't know what to do anymore. I'm getting desperate." She spoke in exasperation.

"This is getting old," she went on, a new look in her eyes, a look of rage, but still desperation. "I'm so sick of this. Letting other people run my life... our lives! Being afraid of what other people think... that's her thing, not mine! So tell me why the hell do I have to suffer?" It sounded as if she'd practiced that rant for days.