Chapter 19-Darren

• Dedicated to Everyone for reading this! <3

Picture of Roxie on the side!! ---->

"We are not one of those couples." I demanded, turning away from Blake as he tried to spoon feed me.

There was an amused look on his face, and he was still trying to shove his spoon in my mouth. Well, maybe shove is too rough of a word to use, but he was still trying to force feed me.

"Blake, stop it!" I exclaimed, smacking his spoon to the side. "We're eating the exact same thing, anyway. I don't need to eat your food."

Blake shrugged his shoulders. "I know, I just wanted to annoy you." He stated, sticking his spoon back into his bowl.

Really? I thought, narrowing my eyes at him. Was this annoy Roxie day or something? He began bugging me so much after I turned down his proposal to 'go somewhere and make out' that I decided to take a break and go eat lunch, and then he proceeded to order the exact same thing I did... just to annoy me.

Frowning at him, "Why?"

"Because you're cute when you're angry." He responded, a smug look on his face.

Almost immediately my face caught fire and I looked down at my hands, trying to hide my blush as those stupid butterflies flew wildly in my stomach. I risked peeking back up at Blake, and he had a look of adoration on his beautiful face as he stared down at me, his eyes a blazing red color.

This made a small smile appear on my face as I forgot my embarrassment. I couldn't help but feel extremely happy for this moment with my mate... my boyfriend... whatever you wanted to call him, he was mine either way.

But, unfortunately I knew this moment wouldn't last forever. We'd have to leave this fairytale eventually, if that's what we could call it. We'd have to go home. With that though my butterflies were replaced with a sickening feeling in the pit of my gut.

I'd have to go home. Back to the real world and face Carmen, who I've been completely ignoring like an idiot, face my parents, my pack, my uncle and they'd all see that I was mated to a vampire! Well, not completely, we hadn't really completed any of the mating processes... mostly because I have no idea how that would work. Especially with him marking me... he's a vampire, would it be the same?

And last but not least, I'd have to face his clan... his family... his parents. His clan, family, and parents who hate me. What were we going to do? My eyes widened a little and it felt like I was going to puke up my soup.

Blake's eyebrows were furrowed, his eyes practically glowing as he was staring at me curiously. "Roxie, what's on your mind?" he asked, with genuine worry in his tone, making my heart melt.

Shaking my head, "I-I, we can't go home." I stated in a shaky voice, as panic really began to set in.

He frowned at me. "Why?"

Biting down on my bottom lip, "Everything we have right now will be ruined. We'll never work out!" I exclaimed, full on freaking out, my hand was even shaking a little. "I'll never work."

Blake's lips were pressed in a thin line as he took my shaking hand into his, causing those sparks to shoot through my body. "Roxie, calm down, okay?" his voice was small and soft as he pressed his lips to my hand, effectively calming me a little.

I shook my head in protest, my eyes began watering and I tried to speak, but the words wouldn't come out.

"Hey, look at me." he demanded in a soft voice, but I couldn't. I didn't want to see whatever look would be on his face. Realization maybe? Maybe he just realized that we wouldn't work out and he was seconds away from leaving him. With that thought, a sharp pain shot through my heart and a few tears wet my face. The thought of not being with Blake anymore, even if it were just for how long we'd been together, was too painful to even think about.