Chapter 12- Road Trip

Hello lovely reader! Sorry for the wait, was having technical difficulties... I truly am sorry. I hope you like this chapter... enjoy!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wiped a stray tear from my cheek, trying to get myself together. I was an emotional mess and the comforting look on my daddys face wasn't exactly helping.

"Dad, I don't know what to do. I hate feeling like this! I just- it hurts so bad!" I exclaimed, bursting into tears. So much for getting myself together.

Dad began rubbing circles on my back and I shifted on his lap. When I had gotten home my mom was out running errands, which meant I couldn't cry on her shoulder. So I settled for second best--my father. He began yelling at me for sneaking out and staying out all night until he saw the look on my face. I told him everything that had happened and I ended up in tears, again.

"Shh, Roxanne," he cooed. "That vampire isn't worth your precious tears."

"But thats the problem, he is! He's my mate, dad." I sighed in defeat. I realized that I would always have to deal with Blake. He was my mate, and there wasn't anything that I could do about it. It didn't matter that he was a vampire or a Lombardi, or even a jerk for that matter. He was my mate. My mate who had a girlfriend.

Dad shook his head and shoved me off from his lap. I stared at him in shock.

"Stop crying, Roxie," he demanded in a stern tone, shocking me anymore. "I will not allow you to lose any sleep over any boy. Mate or not. You are Roxanne Waters. You are my daughter, my strong, intellegent, beautiful daughter who could care less if some boy liked her or not. It breaks my heart that your heart is broken. I hate to see you like this and I refuse to see you like this. So wipe your tears away and get on with your day. Get on with your day... hey that rhymed!" He broke his serious face and smiled. I rolled my eyes.

"Anyway," he went on, all serious a demanding again. "Like I said before, he isn't worth your tears so save them for when you actually need them. Crying and feeling sorry for yourself won't help anyting."

I just stared at him. Who was this person and what did he do with my dad? My comforting, understanding dad.

He smirked. "Oh yeah... I can be harsh sometimes. After all, you have to be cruel to be kind."

I laughed and shook my head. "Wow... thanks dad. Your little rant actually did help."

"Thats how I roll."

I rolled my eyes. "Don't be a dork, dad."

"Shouldn't you be packing?" dad asked, changing the subject.

"Packing?" I asked, confused. What was I packing for?

"You know, for your road trip with Rebecca... don't you leave today?"

My eyes widened as realization filled me. The trip was today! Today of all days and I haven't even packed yet! "Daddy, what time is it!?"

He looked at the watch on his wrist. "One thirty... why?"

My heart dropped. One thirty!? I'd wasted a lot of time! "I have to leave in less than twenty minutes, that's why!" I exclaimed. I jumped off the couch and ran up the stairs into my room.

I snatched my suitcase from my closet and began shoving clothing into it. I packed a bunch of shirts and shorts that I'm pretty sure didn't match. I didn't care, though, I was in a rush.

"Bathing suit, bathing suit... where are you?" I muttered to myself, rifling through my drawers. Finally, I found my yellow and white polka dotted bathing suit and shoved that in my suitcase along with a hand full of underwear and the emergency credit card my dad gave me.

I heard honking outside and I knew it was Rebecca. I realized that I was still wearing Blake's clothes and I had to rush to change into some jeans and a T-shirt. Rebecca honked again, louder this time. I pulled my left boot on my right foot and my right boot on my left foot in a hurry. I sighed when I realized that was wrong and quickly changed. She honked again, louder and more impatient.

"I'm coming!" I yelled, even though she couldn't hear me. She was irritating me already.

I grabbed my suitcase and ran downstairs. Calling goodbye to my dad, I ran out the front door up to Rebecca's car. I opened the car door to see Rebecca's angry face. "Took you long enough. But I'm glad you finally made it your majesty." she sneered.

I rolled my eyes at the annoying brunette and climbed in the Toyota, slamming the car door shut.

"Hey! Don't slam my door!"

"You're annoying." I stated simply actually enjoying the pissed off look on her face.

She gripped the steering wheel. "Yeah? Well you're stupid!"

I smirked. "Ooh. good one."

Just as she was going to start the car someone tapped on the window. And not just anyone. The bane of my existence. My mate. Blake freaking Lombardi. I couldn't help but think of how he always manged to show up at the worst time. Then, I thought of the events of this morning and felt the urge to cry, maybe even attack him.

"What is he doing here!?" Rebecca demanded. I could tell she was still sour about him slamming her into that tree. I smiled at the memory. She must really hate him.

"I was going to ask the same thing." I mumbled, rolling down the window. "Did I not make myself clear, Blake? I never want to see you again!" I snapped, a little rudely.

He didn't seem phased. "Too bad," he shrugged, then shocked me by climbing into the back seat. "Because I'm coming with you."

-----------------------------------------------------------

AN-

Any ideas for a cast? Comment, help me decide on who should be who...