Chapter 15- The Elevator

Okay, for anyone who may have read this chapter already, I edited it and changed A LOT because I didn't like how fast things were going.
-----

We pulled into the the parking lot of a hotel in silence. I was happy, to say the least. Happy that this awkward car ride was over and that I could finally escape this hell hole. Sure, tomorrow I'd have to get right back in this stuffy car so that we could continue our "road trip" but that doesn't mean that I won't enjoy my free hours.

I was the first out of the car, practically skipping into the check in, Blake following after me, Rebecca dragging further behind.

"Why are you so happy?" Blake asked me once we were in. I glanced at him, seeing his eyebrows were furrowed and smiled slightly. "Are you kidding? That car ride was absolute hell. How are not happy to be out of there?"

He shrugged in defeat, murmuring something under his breath. "I guess," he said, and then began talking to the woman behind the desk.

"Can I help you, sir?" she asked, blushing a little. I rolled my eyes. Humans. I get that he's hot, but that doesn't mean you have to blush when he's talking to you.

"I need one--er, two rooms?" it sounded more like a question as he glanced over at Rebecca who was glaring at an old lady. "You want your own room, right?"

She stopped eye-murdering the poor old woman for a split second and turned her glare to Blake. "What do you think?"

He nodded, not arguing back with her. "Right. Two rooms." he told the blonde, who began typing away on a computer.

I frowned at Blake. "Hey! I want my own room!" I demanded, crossing my arms over my chest.

He smiled slightly. "You're sharing with me. It's to, uh--save money?"

"Don't lie. Your family is loaded." I deadpanned, not believing that for a second.

This caused him to grin. "Fine, I just want to share a room with you. Don't worry, I won't bite--probably."

I frowned. One minute he was a complete jerk to me, leading me on when he has a girlfriend, and now he's being Flirty and... sweet? Even with Rebecca! He's not all glares and insults towards her like he was an hour ago. What's his deal?

The lady handed him two sets of keys, he tossed one to Rebecca and kept the other one. Rebecca set off to her room not even a full second later. She was clearly in a bad mood. Not that I could blame her.

I followed after Blake who had already begun walking towards an elevator. We were both inside the elevator when I notice the suitcase in his hand. My suitcase, that I didn't even realize he'd brought from the car! That was it, I was officially lost.

"Okay, stop!" I demanded, furrowing my eyebrows.

His blue eye's were filled with confusion as he glanced around us. "Stop what?" he asked, looking at me like I had two heads.

"Stop this!" I motioned around us. "I don't know what you're doing, but it's not going to work!"

"Roxie, what are you going on about?"

"One minute you're an asswipe, and now you're a complete gentleman! What are you working at?" I accused him, my eyes narrowing.

He then sighed, just as the elevator stopped. Blake captured my hands into his hands, shocking me. Those familiar shocks vibrated through my body causing my heart to speed up, his blue eyes transforming to a bright and passionate red and I felt like he was looking through me. "Roxie..." the way he said my name set my body on fire.