Chapter 27-My Ex

Hello guys! So................................. this is short, but it's a filler chapter that I had to squeeze in. A longer chapter should be up soon. Thanks for reading, love you all! <3

Oh yeah, this is dedicated to lil_kiwi_bird, because she's hilarious and awesome, and a magnificent writer. And cause she's from New Zealand and has a cool accent. :p

Two weeks. Two whole weeks.

That's how long it's been since I've last seen Blake. Two weeks... and I am out of my freaking mind. I shouldn't be feeling this way... we're not fully mated, so I should be able to go two weeks without having to see him, but I feel so incomplete without him around.

It's started about three days ago. I feel like a drug addict who hasn't gotten a dosage in years. I'm not scratching myself or anything like that, but I feel incredibly uncomfortable. It's been multiple times when I've just wanted to just go and see him, but I realized ahead of time that that would be a terrible idea. Thank goodness for my conscience.

I'm just glad that no one's noticed me acting so weirdly. I think Carmen has, by the way her eyes are always narrowed at me suspiciously, but let's face it... that girl knows me better then she knows herself. I think I'd actually be surprised if she didn't notice my weird behavior.

I think my mom would've noticed if she wasn't so busy and stressed out all the freaking time. The annual banquet is approaching, and she's been acting bat shit crazy. The code red is finally over, Uncle Scott and a few other wolves in the pack "took care" of the rogue problem, so we were free to leave. I could've went and seen Blake... but I don't think his family would've appreciated that very much.

"Need some help with that?" a voice spoke, snapping me out of my thoughts.

I was holding a chair that seemed to be abnormally heavy, even for a werewolf in that moment. We were at Oak Park. (Mom rented it out for the annual banquet. It was perfect for the annual banquet, in fact. Just in case any wolves decide they want to shift or a vampire wants to go all Dracula on someone... there'd be no humans to witness) Mom made half the pack come here to decorate and set things up (even Uncle Scott)  which usually takes a full week. She wanted it to be perfect, probably to impress the vampires.

I dropped the chair when I turned my head, my eyes landing on a very familiar, very good looking male.

He had a hint of a smile on his face, his green eyes a soft, kind color. There was no trace of bitterness, no hatred, no resentment, nothing like that; just kindness.

"Kyle?" I squeaked out, not sure how I should act in front of him.

He simply grinned at me, the familiar grin I've seen plenty of times before.

Once I came to my senses, I was able to really greet him as I threw my arms around his neck, hugging him excitedly. "Kyle! Oh my gosh, I haven't seen you since-,"

"Since you broke up with me?" he offered, but his voice was still friendly, and he sounded amused.

My face turned a hot red as I slowly pulled my arms from around his neck, and looked up at him sheepishly. I let out a little nervous laugh. "O-oh yeah, about that. Sorry if I went about it the wrong way... I was drunk." I lied. I hadn't started drinking until after I broke up with him... besides one flimsy shot. That obviously didn't count.

He laughed, and sort of nervously shifted on one foot. Seems this was just as awkward for him as it was for me... I made it even more awkward with that hug.

"It's fine, don't be sorry... I'm actually thankful that you ended it before I got too attached to you." He responded.

I frowned, remembering him telling me that he loved me... well, something along the lines of that. "You mean falling more in love with me?" I blurted out, turning a deeper shade of red. I just couldn't help myself.

Stupid, stupid, stupid Roxie!

He didn't seem to be embarrassed by my outburst, he just shook his head. "You weren't the only one drunk that night. I'd actually been drinking before you got to my party. Anyway, the point is, I didn't mean it when I said I love you." He admitted, almost sheepishly.

My face dropped and I looked down at the ground. "And here I was... thinking that you loved me. How could I be so stupid?" I sniffled, my voice breaking.

"What? I didn't mean it like that... you're a great girl-," he started, and I could hear the panic in his voice.

I looked up at him, grinning. "And you're a sucker! I so got you!" I exclaimed childishly, laughing to myself.

Realization settled on his face and he fake glared at me. "How the hell did I fall for that?" he asked, shaking his head.

"Cause you're a sucker." I repeated myself, chuckling.

"You're a terrible person, Roxie, you know that?"

I smirked, and then realized the chair was still sitting on the ground. I bent over, grabbing one side of the chair and looked up at him. "So, you still going to help me move this?"

He seemed to be considering it. "Well after you tricked me like that, I probably shouldn't... but, ah, what the hell?" I leant over, and lifted it up completely, taking it from my hands so easily, as if it didn't actually weigh a ton. Well, it didn't literally weight a ton... but it might as well have.

I had a weird feeling that someone was watching us. My wolf was stirring slightly and seemed rather excited. I ignored it.

"Show off." I muttered, wondering how he did it. Magic maybe?

"That's what working out does for you."

"Hmm, working out or steroids?"

He sat down the chair in front of a table that had similar chairs aligned in front of it. Kyle rolled his eyes. "Please, this is all natural." He responded, flexing his muscles cockily, a smug smirk sitting on his face.

I knew he wasn't on steroids, I was just messing. The boy did have a nice body though.

"Please, get off your high horse. I forgot how arrogant you were." I teased, smiling a little at the memories of his obsessing over himself.

"He is very arrogant, but with good reason." An unfamiliar voice spoke, causing me to look over. Standing in front of us, was a red head girl (an authentic one, unlike the one from the bar who was flirting with my mate. That's why she got bit in the neck) she had soft green eyes and full lips covered in shiny lip gloss. She was extremely pretty.

"Uh, Nadia, this is Roxie, a close friend of mine and Roxie, this is Nadia... my girlfriend."

I raised an eyebrow at Kyle, who was looking at me expectantly. Then I grinned at Nadia. "Girlfriend? Wow, hi!" I exclaimed in excitement.

She returned my grin. "Hi, Roxie. You have a really pretty name, by the way." She spoke softly, sort of shyly.

"Thanks. You're just really pretty in general. Way out of his league." I joked and a low, playful growl escaped Kyles mouth.

She blushed a dark shade of red and laughed nervously. "Thanks?" it came out sort of as a question. "I have to go back and help Nelson, I just came over to say hi. It was nice meeting you, Roxie."

"Same here."

"Later, babe." Kyle said, smiling at her.

With a smile on her face she waved and walked off, and I turned to Kyle, smirking.

"Well you sure got over me fast." I joked in a sarcastic voice.

He rolled his eyes. "Not as fast as you got over me."

I laughed. "Touché."

She was pretty and she seemed nice, but she wasn't his mate... not that it was any of my business.