Isn't 12 Too Young to Join An Army?

"Good morning!" An Indian looking guy beside me waved his hand.

I freaked, "Who are you? Where am I? Is this Camp Jupiter?"
"Yes, welcome to the Camp Infirmary. I'm the head healer, Pranjal, Son of Aesculapius.
"Woah, an actual real demigod?" I gaped.
"Yep, you're good to go. By the way, while you were fighting Lupa's pack. The 4th cohort noticed you, especially Centurion Battaglia."
"Who?"
"Anyway, you should go towards the barracks. I asked one of the Legionnaires to escort you."

I exited the Infirmary, a blonde guy with brown eyes and a purple SPQR t-shirt with jeans and white sneakers walked up to me.
"Hey, the name's Noah. You're Alia Parker right? Y'know you're very luck right?"
"I am?"
"Yep, you're in the same cohort as the infamous Claudia!" He smiled, "She saved Camp from a girl who smelled."
"A girl who- never mind actually."

He led to me Camp while explaining how things run.
There are the Praetors.
The Augur, or the Cyclops with prophecies on his body and a Harpy.
Then Centurions/Senators.
The Legionnaires.
Lastly, the Probatio. Also known as me.

"By the way, go take a shower. You stink...no offense-" Noah chuckled.
"Oh yeah-"

---

I took a nice long shower, which was nice after being chased and all by monsters and hungry wolves.
The SPQR shirt fit perfectly as I wore my shirt and white jacket. Dark blue jean shorts and ankle length Nike shoes.

I walked out of the baths, and Noah yanked my arm.
"Dude!"
"No time, head to armory grab the nearest armor and run. The games are in 10 minutes. Legionnaires are ruthless and hate being late."
"What the?!"

I have to admit though, Noah was quick on his feet. Yet he was pulling my arm and it hurt.
The armory wasn't that far so I grabbed the nearest one not caring about the size and horribly put it wrong.
I also grabbed an extremely heavy shield and a Trident dropping its fishnet.

"Woah! Alia, your armor-" I girl who I assumed was my Centurion cause Noah introduced me to her earlier but ADHD, I sometimes forget things quickly too.
"Ah I kinda rushed since Noah said we had to hurry." I said lowering my head in embarrassment.
"Well, let me help you."
She grabbed a smaller armor and showed me the correct way to put it on. She told me that trident and fishnet soldiers don't require shields as she pointed towards my shoulder with a much more enforced shield base.
"This feels much lighter and better. Thanks Centurion Leila."
"No problem, now hurry before the stampede comes!"

I still forgot my fishnet though.
Everyone was lined up in an orderly fashion. A lot were talking with their fellow cohort mates probably discussing strategies.
"Hey Ali! Over here!" Noah called out.
I ran over as he was with 2 girls.
"Alia, meet Claudia and Janice. They also are legionnaires here so you can always talk to them too," He explained.
Janice smiled, "I know the first few days are hard, but soon you'll get used to being a Roman soldier."
"I remember when I twisted my ankle in Death-ball." Claudia sighed, "Let's hope Claudia the Klutz doesn't show up  again soon."
I decided not to question Claudia the Klutz, or the fact that Camp Jupiter has a game called Death-ball.

The 2 praetors arrived at the field. I think their names were Frank and Hazel. They're pretty nice from what I've heard. But they can be strict at times.
"Ave Romana!" Praetor Levesque called out.
"AVE ROMANA!" Everyone yelled.

"Hope you all had a nice dinner," Frank smiled, "Now we're going to be playing a game of siege. Everyone knows the rules right? Probatios?"
"I don't understand-" I tried to yell before Claudia shut me up.
"I'll explain later, don't even try to get the Praetors' attention without a reason."
"Why? They're here to help!"
"Because the other Romans will be laughing at you like you're in school without clothes on."
"Ew-" I always hated attention, so I shut up and waited, looking at the massive fort.

"Okay, as always! 1st and 2nd cohort against the 3rd, 4th, and 5th." Praetor Levesque finished.
And I go off and plan my death strategy.