25

I directed the florists to where we wanted the flowers while the others helped arranged everything else. I also was in charge of the checklist of everything that was needed in order for things to go smoothly. 

The last thing on the list was for Hikaru to master driving the carriage so we won't have any accidents during the parade.

"Nara-Chan! Climb aboard the Ouran Express!" Honey cheered from behind me. I turned to see Hikaru holding the reins with Mori beside him.

"Miss?" The head designer asked.

"The white and red roses will be perfect for the main hall. I trust your judgment on where you think they'll look best?" I instructed. She nodded and I turned and went to join the hosts.

Honey took my clipboard and passed it to Kaoru so he could give me a hand as I climbed onto the carriage and took a seat.

"What's the matter Haruhi? You look displeased," I joked.

"I didn't realize how extravagant the Ouran fair was going to be," She grumbled with some sarcasm. I only chuckled.

The bell tower chimed, signaling the start of the Ouran fair.

I went to the music room to change before joining the others. I put on a backless black dress and some strappy heels. I left my hair down and put on some dangly earrings. I quickly applied some light makeup and made my way to the salon.

My jaw dropped when I saw how decked out it was. This definitely overshot the budget. I looked over to see Haruhi sitting with Yuzuru.

"Chairman, I'm surprised you were able to make it," I commented, walking up.

"Nara, It's a pleasure to see you! How are you doing my dear?" He beamed.

"I'm doing well!" I smiled, subtly motioning for Haruhi to leave, saving her from Tamaki's Father. "What do you think of our handiwork?" I asked humorously. 

"It's extravagant! You all have really outdone yourselves," He chuckled.

There was a loud smack that echoed throughout the room. I looked over just to see Kyoya's glasses land on the ground, Yoshio's hand still in the air. Kyoya was still on the ground, in silent shame as his father scolded him.

"Nara," Tamaki's father said warningly as I started to march over to Kyoya's father.

"Aoki-San, I didn't know you were here," Kyoya's father addressed as I knelt down by Kyoya.

"I suggest if you want to be on familiar terms with your future daughter-in-law I suggest you don't put your hands on my fiancé. Got it?" I snapped at him lowly, glaring up at him as I stood Kyoya up.

He merely looked down at me before stepping aside and going to talk to Yuzuru.

I picked up Kyoya's glasses and cleaned them before I reached up to gently put them onto his face.

"Are you alright?" I asked softly, looking up at him, searching for his eyes that seemed to be avoiding mine.

"We shouldn't be showing affection in public. It's bad for business," He murmured brushing past me only to get surrounded by the other hosts.

I let out a deep sigh.

I went to join Tamaki as the doors opened, revealing his grandmother. Despite her obvious distaste for him, he always showed her all of his love. I admire him for that.

"Grandmother! I'm so glad you could come!" Tamaki exclaimed excitedly, going to greet her.

"Don't patronize me, filthy child," She spat lowly.