13

I grumbled and swatted away at the hand that ran through my hair before turning onto my stomach and hugging the pillow. All I wanted was just ten more minutes.

"Nara, it's time to wake up," I heard Tamaki say softly, rubbing my back.

"For what? I don't wanna," I mumbled sleepily.

"We have a lunch meeting with my grandmother to discuss wedding details," He told me. I let out a deep sigh and sat up, rubbing my eyes.

"What time is it?" I asked.

"Almost ten. Honey-Senpai and Mori-Senpai stopped by earlier and picked up Hideo, so he'll be well taken care of for the remainder of the day," Tamaki reassured me.

I reluctantly got dressed for the day. Since we were meeting with Tamaki's grandmother I had to look presentable. I tucked in a white short-sleeved button-up into a dark green midi skirt. I put on some dark beige ballet flats and buckled the straps on my ankles before making my way down the stairs.

"You look lovely," Tamaki smiled as he took my hand.

"You as well. I've always thought you looked good in a suit," I complimented with a small laugh. Tamaki had been wearing a white button-up with a black tie and slacks.

We got into the limo where we were taken to a very nice restaurant. The chauffeur opened the door and I got out after Tamaki. I hooked my arm with Tamaki's and we walked up to the host stand.

"Reservation for Suoh?" Tamaki said.

The host nodded and led us to a private room on the top floor. When we got to the table it was still empty.

"Are we early?" I asked Tamaki as I sat down across from him.

"Maybe," He shrugged.

I jumped when my phone started to vibrate in my pocket. I pulled it out to see it was his grandmother calling.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Nara, darling, unfortunately, something came up so I will be unable to go over any wedding details today. Please enjoy your lunch and we will revisit this idea eventually," She explained.

"Of course, thank you, grandmother," I said softly before hanging up.

"She's not coming, is she?" Tamaki inquired.

I shook my head. "No, she's not," I answered.

"Can I get you two anything to drink?" The server asked as he walked up to our table.

"No thank you, something came up so we're going to head out. Thank you for the great service," I stated, standing up.

He bowed to us and Tamaki and I took our leave. 

I stepped outside and stood by the curb, waiting for our limo to pull up. The streets were bustling and noisy, people going about their days.

I let out a sharp gasp of surprise as something smacked into me, splashing all over my clothes. I watched the cup roll as the car it came from zoomed by.

"Nara! Are you okay?" Tamaki asked worriedly as I stood there, soaked and sticky.

"I wanna go home," I grumbled.

"Put this on," Tamaki demanded, holding out his blazer, his face a light shade of pink.

"Why? It's like seventy-five degrees?" I replied, only to stop mid-sentence, realizing that my shirt was white and soaked. I quickly put the blazer around my shoulders, trying not to flush with embarrassment.

I was thankful that the limo pulled up shortly after. 

Once I was at the estate I hurried up the stairs to my room so I could change. I went to my bathroom and stripped off the sticky clothing, throwing it all down the laundry chute. I turned my shower on and scrubbed whatever soda that stranger had been drinking off my skin and hair.  

Once I was done I turned off the water and got dressed in a plain t-shirt and sweats. I slid my slippers on and went back downstairs. I went into the theater room, hoping to catch a movie before I was called away for anything else. I was mildly shocked to see all the hosts sitting in the theater room.

"Wait, where's Hideo?" I questioned worriedly, seeing as Honey and Mori were here and Hideo was not.

"Oh, he's with my Father and Grandmother at the moment," Tamaki informed me. 

I slowly nodded and turned to leave the theater room.

"Wait, Nara-Senpai, where are you going?" Kaoru called.

"Uh..." I trailed, slowly turning back around.

"Come sit with us! We're planning on what to do before our movie marathon!" Honey chimed, patting the empty seat next to him. I let out a soft sigh and went to sit down.

"Are you alright, Nara-Senpai? You look a little pale," Haruhi pointed out hesitantly.

"Yeah, I'm alright. Maybe just a little tired," I laughed off.

"Why don't we go to the nearby park and play some of those commoner games that Haruhi told us about?" Hikaru suggested.

"Yeah!" Honey, Kaoru, and Tamaki cheered.

We all started to walk to the park that was nearby. After getting hit by that drink, I was dead tired. I walked behind the group with Kyoya as they all argued over what games they were going to play first.

"Nara, are you sure you're feeling alright?" Kyoya asked worriedly.

"Yes, I promise I'm fine," I said. 

Kyoya sighed softly in response. As we arrived at the park I took a seat on one of the benches facing the field they were about to be playing in. Kyoya sat down next to me and I leaned into him tiredly.

After lunch today it suddenly hit me how real this engagement was. We were going to be discussing actual wedding details. I know I'm going to call it off, but at the same time, I know Tamaki will be confused. I can't just flat-out tell him it's because he's in love with Haruhi. He's too dense to know that and would obviously deny it. Besides, I know I'm not ready to get married.

"What are you thinking about?" Kyoya asked softly, his voice bringing me out of my thoughts.

"We were going to talk about wedding details today. Then it suddenly hit me how real this all was. I guess you could say I got scared," I sighed. Kyoya gave my knee a reassuring squeeze.

"Kyoya! Come join us!" Tamaki shouted. Kyoya mumbled something under his breath before he got up and went to join him and the others.