𝐗𝐈𝐈

Y/n had her and Yachi sign up for the race as the pro heroes also had themselves to participate along with their children. She felt embarrassed as she wore a Dynamight mask and being the only one who isn't a pro hero among all of them – 'who the heck would join a race if you knew that you are no match for them?!' She thought at the back of her head but just shrugged it off as she wanted to do this for Yachi. Yachi was filled with excitement as she lined up with the rest of her friends who she sees as a worthy opponent.

"Well since you all know the rules, I would like to put in a little twist due to our participants being heroes, quite a few of them are.. Anyways, I would like to allow them to use their quirks for this special race!" The principal said out loud and Y/n let herself shrivel up, wanting to give up.

"What?! Now I literally have no match for any of them.." Y/n muttered downheartedly as she looked at Yachi who is smiling and is just a couple miles away from her.

She doesn't have to say it again but she was at the disadvantage, her opponent being skilled heroes and knows how to be quick as they defeat villains while she was just a teacher, having to participate as the role of the dad and the mom is already challenging for her as they could all use their quirks.

3 different rounds for 3 different persons, the first one being the dad's role; they have to race up by the jumping poles as they hold a small stick to pass to one another(mom), the second one being the mom's role; as someone(dad) passes the stick to them then they can continue the race by going through monkey poles with mud at the bottom, the last one being the children's role; as their parents give the corresponding stick to the child they would need to go pass the tire obstacle to finally put the stick into a container.

Seems easy, right? Wrong, Y/n and the rest of the pros would have to go all the way and tie themselves up to their teammates and to finish the obstacle course they have to cheer "family" with your loved ones then that's how you win.

But the only advantage that she would have is that she doesn't have to get tied to someone and she doesn't have to wait for someone to pass the stick for her since she would just do most of the work, fucking great.

Y/n looked to her right and saw the pro hero Shoto warming up along with the rest of the pro heroes being Kirishima, Kaminari and Midoriya from the far right while she was in the far left.

"On your marks, ready, get set, and go!! "

In a blink of an eye, Todoroki and Midoriya had already taken the lead by skipping the pole as they used their quirk while Kaminari and Kirishima had to run manually along with Y/n. Speaking of which, she grinned behind the mask as she observed that she had gathered enough ice – thanks to Todoroki and immediately be in contact with it as she used the ice to create a pole to propel herself just enough for her to go to the next round.

Y/n jumped to grab onto the monkey poles and swayed herself to go to the next round while the rest were having trouble due to them having to be tied around to their partners. Her hands got tired halfway by using one hand to sway herself while the other one was to get ahold of the stick, she removed her mask still careful to not let go of the stick and immediately put it to her mouth and bit on it as she continued to go on with the obstacle. By that time, Ochako had her and Midoriya pass through the stage without any problem along with the others who are also using their quirk like Yaomomo and Todoroki.

"Yachi, hold onto this very tight" Y/n instructed, handing her the stick as she tied their arms together by a rope. Yachi nodded as she was determined to have the first place along with Y/n.

They both hopped around the obstacle and Y/n noticed the little girl struggling as her feet were already tired. Y/n held Yachi's wrists and lifted her up but still let her be able to hop around the obstacle with Y/n supporting her by her side.

Y/n and Yachi finished the stage and just needed to be able to go to the end to put the stick to the container and shout "family" out loud but unfortunately the rest had already catched up, the Kirishima's being able to slide around with their acids, the Todoroki's being able to put ice around them and reach the finish line, and the Midoriya's being lightweight to make it easier for them to go to the finish.

"Sensei! Just a little bit closer!" Yachi pointed out as she tried to run as fast as she could along with Y/n and she just nodded

"Yeah, yeah, just a little bit-!"

"Heartbeat surround!!" A loud noise was suddenly heard and you grit your teeth in annoyance as you covered Yachi's ears which caused you to suddenly fly away along with the girl due to the strong impact that it has. Before you both landed, you immediately put her up and put yourself at the bottom to take the hit.

"Ow.." you hissed in pain as you felt your ribs breaking into shreds but you felt it all disappear as you saw Yachi being alright which caused you to sigh in relief.

"Sensei! Get up! The race isn't over yet!" Yachi yelled as she held your hand and dragged you with all her might but you just wouldn't budge.

"Just go, w-win the race without me..I'm coming to the light.." you said as you slumped into the ground, already tired.

"No, I won't go there unless you aren't there with me!!" Yachi exclaimed as a hot gush of air passed through you once more which caused you to have an idea.

"But they're going to win..I'm so sorry-!" You were cut off as you saw Kaminari preparing to use his quirk and you immediately slammed your hands to the ground, creating a block of soil to cover their way but still careful to let the kids through before fully blocking it while you created a ramp for you and Yachi to go to as she created a large explosive shockwave that sended you both to the finish line.

"1000 volts!!"

"Kaminari!! No!!!" Everybody yelled but they knew that it was too late and let themselves be burnt to crisp by his electricity. They were thankful that Y/n had put the kids to safety before that happened.

"..and there!!" Yachi cheerfully exclaimed as she put the stick onto the container and she held your hand as she smiled at you. "Sensei, let's say it together!"

"Family!!" You both said at the same time which caused the horn to go off and you both chuckled as you embraced each other tight.

"My legs are aching so bad!!" Y/n whined and Yachi nodded in understandment. "I think I'm going to cry!!" Y/n said as she ruffled Yachis hair

"M-me too, sensei!!"

"Wahhhhh!!"

"Congratulations to the both of you, that was an intense race!! We totally didn't expect that but I would like to announce that everyone did great and it's the thought that counts" The principal said as they put a star sticker to Yachis chest while they just stuck it onto your forehead.

"That was a fair fight, congratulations guys!!" Kirishima exclaimed, grinning and putting up a thumbs up but Y/n wasn't having it.

"Fair?! That wasn't fair, at all!! You're all pro heroes and I'm just a teacher who got lucky and won but I only got a sticker?! A sticker as a reward?! At least give me some money to enjoy, dammit!!" Y/n yelled as she finally snapped and fumed in anger as she ripped out the star shaped sticker on her forehead which caused everyone to sweatdrop at the scene.

"Y/n-san, you did great" Midoriya said as he flashed a smile which caused her to be annoyed even more.

"Great?! I felt like my bones were being crushed!! Do you know how that feels?!" She exclaimed

"I fully understand on what you feel, I understand"