Chapter 4

Thank you soooo so much for 40+reads and the votes and comments. Anyways I give you the next chapter.

Minor flashback

Happy birthday to you,happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Alice, happy birthday to you."

"Blow the candles Alice"

"Yeah we want to eat some cake"

"Alice is going to die next week"

The entire room went silent. The seven year old me didn't understand why.

It was normal for people to die just as it is completely normal for babies to be born.

"Shut up Solace! How dare you say that!"

"Yeah Solace. You shouldn't say that most especially in someone else's birthday"

Seven year old me looked at the eight year old Alice and frowned.

"You're going to die in your bedroom at exactl..."

"Shut up Solace and get out of my house"

           End of flashback

I remember how heart broken the younger me felt and how the other kids called me a witch.

Yet all I was trying to do was prevent poor oll Alice from dying.

What I wanted to say was day was that Alice was going to have one of her epilepsy episodes and because her parents will be out on a date on that tragic day, nobody will know,not until the next day when they find her dead.

That was the first and last time I let anyone apart from my parents tell me what to do.

If I had been disobedient,I would have saved poor Alice.

Anyways,none of it matters now.

"Look here Solaria, I will not allow you to tell me what to do ok. You can sense the darkness from within me right and you know what I'm capable of. So if you don't want your head to roll next week, maintain your boundaries.

I'm new around here and I still don't know how on earth I got here so you should act as a good representative of this so called academy and guide me.

If you dare to screw me over,trust me,when I get the hang of what's going on around here,I will let the shadows that follow me gut you and torture you,got it?"

She nodded. Good

"Now take me to class"

Walking through the hallways made me feel a little bit nostalgic. My mind drifted to my first day in highschool.

That day also seemed to be one of the worst days in my entire life.

Fast forward,I earned myself the name 'witch' and lived the rest of my high school life like as isolated rat waiting to be fed to caged snakes.

Maybe.. things would be different

Of course they wouldn't.

I realized that in every turn we took,all eyes were on us.

I'm the new girl. How could I forget.

"Just don't kill anyone. "

"No promises"

"I will repeat once again. Nobody knows who you truly are apart from me. They all think that your just some random new girl that joined. Please don't draw attention to yourself "

"No promises"

"This is going to be a long day" she sighed.

We walked to a white door,which I came to later learn that it was actually a classroom, at the end of the hallway.

As soon as we entered the class everyone went silent.

Their eyes immediately locked on me making me annoyed.

I'm the new girl,so of course they would be curious but still.

The feeling of their eyes that seems to analyze every single part of me almost made me feel as if bugs were crawling all over my skin.

Some of them that were in small groups began to talk while pointing at my hair and skirt.

Typical teens.

"Hi. I am Solace and I hate it when people stare"

That seemed to make them snap out their daze but it also earned me some pretty intense glares.

"I told you to stay quiet" Solaria tried to whisper but did a pretty awful job.

"I made no promises"

"Ignore her guys. She didn't actually mean that"

"Why should they do that. I meant every single word"I asked feeling puzzled.

Why was she lying?

"You're making things worse! Just shut the fuck up and let me take care of the mess you've made!"

"Didn't know that you can actually curse" I smirked making her realize what she just said.

On seeing her red flushed face,I decided to give her a break and walk to my designated seat which happened to be at the back of the class

How peachy.

When I settled,and by that I mean, pushing away the empty desk that was beside me, I decided to analyze my current situation.

Everything was going on well ,no teacher had arrived yet and people had already gone back to do whatever it was they were doing until one of the girls,who happened to be one of the few that didn't look at me like some different specie approached me.

"Hi ,I'm Amalia and it's nice to meet you"she smiled.

She stretched out her hand probably expecting me to reciprocate, however,by doing so,I noticed the faint lines on her wrist.

I don't think I was meant to see that most especially because some of those lines looked as if they were done a few minutes ago.

When I didn't accept her handshake,she immediately pulled back

"I'm sorry,I didn't mean to.."

So she's a timid one huh. She probably wouldn't survive in the cold heartless world if she keeps on like this

As much as I don't give a fuck about anyone apart from my parents in this big bad world, I could tell from the sadness and helplessness in her eyes that she doesn't deserve this.

"Honey,a little piece of advice from me, making li....."

What am I doing. I shouldn't tell it to her that way. Who knows what she'd do after class

"Take boxing classes ,or break something. It's better to hurt and break somethings at time but not yourself "

She blinked twice

At least she wasn't dumb

"I..."

"Now scram!"

She quickly scurried off but not before smiling at me then nodding.

The teacher came in a few minutes later and after confirming that I was present,he began teaching something in a foreign language that I couldn't bother to understand.

No wonder Solaria told me to stay silent.

"And that marks the end of our lesson "

Great . He decides to use English after he was done. How helpful.

"Before I forget,today is the last day to sign up your names for the selection process of the elites and just a quick reminder,this is the last recruitment that will ever take place. After the final selection,no other person will ever be selected,from the academy to join the elites. Have a good day"

Great just great. That means I only have one shot at this.

Just fucking great