Ch 8 - "Summer Break"

3rd POV

Its been a week and a half since everyone graduated and their all just staring to get over their suger rush (diabetes). Steve was sorting out the mail while Dustin and Max were playing guess who and Billy was at work at the moment. "Momma, what time do you go to work?" Max asked and Steve looked up from the mail at Max then at the clock.

"Around 3" he said, they still had an hour seeing it was only 2 in the afternoon. Just then there was a knock at the door and Steve stood up "I got it" he said tiredly and walked to the door. When he answered he was met with Dr. Sam "Dr. Sam?" Steve asked and looked at his suspiciously.

"At Harrington, I came to ask, Is Will or Eleven here? And is Billy also maybe here?" He asked. Weird, they already defeated Vecna so whats his deal? "No why?" Steve asked and Dr. Sam chuckled. "I came to check up on them to see if there doing well, anyways have a nice day Harrington" Dr. Sam said and walked off the porch and into a van.

Steve shut the door and groaned "Im not going threw it again this time" he said to himself in a whisper and walked back to the living room. He went back to sorting mail and some of it had been in the mailbox for about month.

An hour later

Steve and the kids were currently on their way to the movie story also known as family video. Once they got there they jumped out of the car (more or less the kids did)and went inside. The kids jumped over the counter knocking down Billy's tapes while they did it "Hey!" Billy yelled as they ran to the back laughing.

"Fucking shits" Billy whispered to himself and finished logging him the new movies they got that day. "Ypu look like shit" Steve said and Billy let out a sarcastic laugh, "Haha so funny" he said and Steve let out a laugh. "We got a new shipment today and Wheeler's mom, your ex, she came in today and tried to hit on me, again..." Billy groaned.

Steve could feel his face go red with anger and he felt his blood boil, he looked away so Billy couldnt see his face. But when Billy looked at Steve he could have sworn he seen steam come off of him and his neck and ears were red. Billy grinned, 'Is he jealous? That was a stupid question, I know hes jealous' Billy thought to himself.

After the incident with Tommy H and Carol, Billy has been aware of Steves feelings for him so sometimes he'll tease him and sometimes he'll make Steve jealous. But this time it wasnt on purpose and he had said it by accident, so Billy felt mean and rude so he turned back to the computer.

"Before i got possessed we were gonna fuck but you know how the rest goes" Billy said and Steve could feel his heart almost shatter. "I only said it so she could get off my ass and leave me alone but she never did, seems like she found out I was alive and worked here, word gets around fast in this shitty town" Billy said.

Steve's face lit up and he looked back at Billy before going back to whatever he was doing, "So your still a virgin?" Steve asked softly and Billy snorted. "Surprisingly yeah, i am" he said kinda shocked of himself. Steve smiled to himself feeling his heart beat start to pick up.

"I wouldnt fuck that woman anyways, im gay did you forget?" Billy asked swinging around in the chair to face Steve's back. Steve faced Billy and let out a laugh "I forgot about that, you told me like a month ago and I completely forgot" Steve laughed out and Billy grinned.

"Omg" Stve said and went so serious, "What?" Billy asked kinda shcoked Steve changed his mood that fast. "Karen has a family! Shes a whore!" Steve said and Billy busted out laughing (No hate to Karen tho😭). Steve started to laugh aswel and after a bit the door bell went off and in walked Robin.

"Thanks for picking me up dingus" she said sarcastically and Steve let out an awkward laugh, "Sorry, completely forgot" he said and Robin rolled her eyes. "No shit" she said and walked into the back and out walked Max an Dustin, "Momma! Mike invited us to go hang out with the group, can we go?" Dustin asked.

"Yeah just be carefully and be back here by 6" Steve said and they high fived. "Yes! Thank you Momma!" Max said and they both jumped over the counter running out of the store and down the road. Steve ran out of the store yo see they were running in the middle of the street "I SAID BE CAREFUL!" He yelled.

He groaned and went back inside ro see Billy laughing, "What are you laughing at?" Steve asked and Billy calmed down his laughing. "Your a really overprotective mother" Billy said and Steve puffed up his cheeks, "Can I not worry for my kids?" Steve asked and Billy smiled.

"Ofcoure you can" he said and winked at Steve making Steve turn away and blush. "I'll put these away" Steve said grabbing the box of the new movies and walking around the store putting them where they need to be put. "You get flustered easily Harrington, why?" Billy asked lighting himself a cigarette and Steve held his breath.

"Thats.....thats non of your business Hargrove" Steve said softly and Billy hummed. "Whatever you say Pretty Boy" Billy said and Steve could feel his soul leave his body, he was use to being called Pretty boy by Billy but that was a while ago now he wasnt use to it. Not that he minded tho, he liked it, a lot.

Steve smiled to himself when his back was to Billy and he couldnt help but fall even harder for the hot headed blond boy.

Word Count - 1026