Ch 3 - "Exploring"

3rd POV

"Momma! Can we make a Cake?" Dustin asked happily and Max jumped up at the name of Came. "Yeah! Can we Momma!?" Max asked and Steve chuckled, "Yeah, I got everything you guys need to make it" Steve said. "I even got the xook book so you guys know how to make it" Steve said, the 2 cheered and Billy just watched and listened to it all.

He smiled and looked at Max who was happily singing to the song on the radio, he looked at Steve who was also singing and smiling.

After blasting 5 different songs and the 3 aka Max, Steve, and Dustin singing on the top of their lungs they finally made it home. "Home Sweet Home!" Dustin said and hurried to the front door, Steve laughed as Max ran up and they both fought to see who would open the door first. Finally Max snatched the key from under the mat and opened the door.

Dustin whined and they all walked in, "Make yourself at Home" Steve said putting his jacket on the coat hanger while the other 2 ran to the kitchen and Billy looked around. "Home..." he whispered and smiled, "Im ordering Pizza!" Steve shouted and walked into the kitchen where the phone hung on the wall.

Billy looked around at the extremely clean place and started to walk around and get to know where everything is. Billy looked around and even went upstairs, hearing Max and Dustin yell at the mention of pizza while baking made him chuckled. He looked down the hall to see the first 2 doors had Max's Room and Dustin's Room engraved on it.

A little ways down the hall he seen door with Steve's Room engraved on it, he blinked a few times before looking around and opening the door. He walked in and looked around, there was a queen sized bed sitting in the corner and there were 2 dressers on different sides of the walls.

He seen 2 sliding doors which he assumed was the closet. On the other side on the bed were another pair of sliding glass doors that were see threw and Billy seen it was a balcony. At the top of his vision he seen something glow so he looked up to see glow in the dark stars stuck to the roof, he chuckled and turned around. He walked out the door and closed it again, he walked back down the hall and seen an different door.

He didnt catch the door on his way down and seen it the words Guest Room engraved on it. Then he remembered a door at the end of the hall way so he looked back and seen the words Mom And Dad's Room engraved on it. He hummed and went down the stairs, he seen a hallway leading down to 3 different doors so he walked down.

He looked at one door and it had Laundry Room on it and the door across had Bathroom on it. He looked at the last door sitting at the end of the hall way and it had Basement on it. He was gonna go down and explore it but he heard Steve shout that the Pizza was there so he turned back and went to the dining room.

Once he got there the other 3 were already sitting and eating pizza and cake while laughing, Steve noticed Billy and smiled. "Did you find the Guest Room and Bathroom?" Steve asked and Bilky smiled back softly and nodded, "Yeah" was all he said and sat down. He wasnt that hungry so he grabbed a small piece and ate it slowly.

He listened in on everything they were saying and smiled at some of the jokes they made. They truely did seem like the perfect family to Billy, he just wished he had that kind of family as a kid. He pushed those thoughts away and watched at Steve grabbed everyones plates and walked into the kitchen.

Billy still had his half eaten pizza in his mouth so he was silent as the other 2 talked. After a few minutes of them talking Max turned to Billy and smiled happily. "Are you gonna go back to school for stay here all day!?" Max asked and Billy thought about it. "Ill probably stay out of school cause even if I got back ill onlg be there for 2 month's" Billy said.

"Ill try to find a job while im at it since ill be here all day" Billy said and looked at Max. "That sounds fun! I still cant believe I'm graduating 8th grade in 2 months!" Max said and laughed as she danced a little. Billy smiled softly and finished his pizza, Billy got up and walked to the living room, he seen sliding doors leading outside to the pool and he smiled.

He felt someone tug his shirt and he looked over to see Max, "Billy, do you wanna watch a movie with us? Its movie night" Max asked. Billy blinked and nodded his head, "Yeah, Ill watch with you guys" he said and max smiled happily. She dragged him to the couch and sat him down, she sat infromt of him on the floor by dustin who was infront of Steve.

"Were watching back to the future" Steve said and the kids cheered, Billy was inches away from touching Steve's hand and he wanted to hold his hand so badly. Billy sighed softly and inched his hand over to Steve, Steve took notice and smiled as his face flustered a light pink. Steve pretend to yawn and stretched his arms up and when he set his hand back down he set it ontop of Billy's.

Billy glanced at Steve who was watching the movie and then down at their hands. He smile softly and his cheeks were tinted in a light pink, he looked back at the movie and started to pay attention. It was kinda hard when Steve's hand was ontop of his and his thumb kept grazing over his knuckles.

Word Count - 1020