Ch 5 - "Job Hunting"

Tw - homophobic slurs (only to some point)

3rd POV

Around 2 hours later at 10 Billy finally woke up and he groaned, he got up and popped his bones before looking around and realizing hes in Steves room. He sighed and wlaked downstairs to see that they already left for school, he noticed the eggs on the table and smiled softly.

He went over and felt thy were cold so he put them in the microwave and heated them up for about 30 seconds. As he sat down and ate the food he thought abiut finding a job, "I could go to that movie store and work with Steve but I could also go to that grocery store, it pays good" Billy said to himself.

Billy finished the eggs and got up setting the plate in the sink and walking to the door, he noticed the note on the door and smiled. He grabbed the note and walked out he grabbed the spare key from under the welcome matt and locked the door. He out the note in his pocket and seen the bike that Steve had left about in the note.

He hopped on the bike and looked around, he then took of down the road and to the town.

20 minutes laters

Billy got tired after a but but kept going, it would have been a lot quicker if he still had his car but he aint complaining. Soon enough he made it into town and peddled to the grocery store, when he got there he set the bike againt the wall and walked in.

He got a few weird stares but ignored them and walked up to an employee, "Are you guys hiring?" He asked and the employee stared at him with a white face. Billy started to get awkward and looked around "Did you see a ghost or something?" He asked nervously and she shook no her head slowly.

"Y-yes were h-hiring" he said and he nodded, "Can I apply for the job?" He asked and she nodded yes slowly. "Follow me please" he said softly and started to walk threw the employee's only door. He followed and was led to the office, "Sir, someone wasnt to know if he can get the job" she said and the manager groaned.

"Bring him in" he said in a husk voice and Billy walked in, when he seen it was Bilky who wlaked in his face went white and the girl quickly left. "Your....your Billy.....Billy Hargrove who- who died in the mall fire a year and a half ago!" He said and stood up. "Well im here now and I didnt die, I went into acoma dumbass" Billy said aggressively and the guy sat down quickly.

"So....you wnat the job..?" The guy asked and Billy nodded, "Sorry, we cant hire anyone, someone got the job today and were out of spots" ghe guy said and Billy sighed. "Whatever" he said and left, he walked out of the store with more people staring ag him but he ignored them and got on the bike.

He started to bike to the movie store and when he got there he seen the manager Keith wad already at the register. So he walked in and Keith gave him a weird look before going back to his blank stare, "Hey can I get the job?" Billy asked. Keith looked at Billy before looking at the clock and then back at Billy.

"Ill think about it so come back in an hour also before you go give me your top 3 movies, and go" Keith said. Billy sighed but went with it "Back to the future, Starwars The return of Jedi, and finally Jaws" Billy said. Keith nodded his head and looked at Billy "Come back in an hour and ill give you an answer" Keith said and Billy nodded then walked out of the store and got back on the bike.

Billy peddled of to the liquor store down the road, qhen he got there he hopped off and walked in. At the register he seen the one and only Tommy H, he gromaed and wlake dup to him. When Tommy seen him his face went pale, "Are you hiring? I need a job" Billy said and Tommys jaw dropped.

"Dude, we thought you died! Wtf man!" Tommy said and Carol walked in, "Omg, Billy! Billy Hargrove!?" She asked and he groaned but truned to her. "Hey" was all he said and then he turned back to Tommy, "Can I egt the job?" He asked and Tommy scratched thw back of his head.

"Were not hiring" Tommy said, "Whatever" Billy said and was gonna walk out but Carol grabbed his arm. "Billy! Wait! We wanna know if youd like to come to the back for some drinks and catch up!" Carol asked and Billy looked to the side.

Billy hummed and looked at her "40 minutes max" Billy said and Carol smiled happily. She drug him to the back and set him down on the mini sofa they brought back there. "So, when did you come back form the dead?" Tommy asked walking threw the door and this girl walked out to go work at the register.

"Just a few days ago, woke up from a coma and started to wonder till I came aross Steve and he let me stay with him only cause of Max tho" Billy said taking the beer from Carol. "Holy shit, you met up with that traitor? Is he still that fag we fojnd out he was" Tommy asked chugging his beer.

"Fag?" Billy asked kinda pissed, cut that, really fucking pissed. "Yeah, found out he was a fucking fag back after you died and had a major crush on you, bet that fucking faggot still gots one on you and thats why he let you stay" Tommy laughed. Carol laughed with him and Billy was kinda stunned but very pissed.

They called his Steve a fucking fag? Oh he was gonna kick there asses. "He was balling at school when someone mentioned he died, it was pathetic" Carol laughed out. "Why arent you guys in school" Billy asked trying to get away form the conversation, "We failed a grade after you died and just dropped out last year" Tommy said.

They talked a bit more mostly Carol and Tommy talked till Billy finally left, right before he left he punched Tommy in the nose "Wtf man!" Tommy screamed. "Thats for calling Steve a fag bitch" Billy glared at him and walked out, he heard the girl at the chash register whsiepr something.

"Finally someone pucnhed his ass, he deserved it" was what she said and Billy grinned. Billy hopped onto the bike and dyarted to bike back to the movie store. Once he got there he looked at the clock in the store threw the window and seen he still had 5 minutes.

He disited to wait outside whistling while people walked by and have him weird and horrified looks whwn they seen him. Was it cause the word about him dieing got around and he just showes up one day out of the blue? He didnt care and never would. After 5 minutes he rushed inside and was met with Keith.

"So what do you say?" Billy asked ans Keith looked at him, "Your hired, go to the vack and get tour outfit, you can work till the other 2 get here later, i got somewhere to be" Keith said and ledt the store. Billy smiled and hurried into the back, he got on his uniform jacket and put a pin with his name on.

He went to the counter and wiates for customers.

Word Count - 1297