Chapter Thirty-Eight

Zedd phoned his wife to inform her that Ricardo had woken up already. He told her the report that the doctor gave concerning him and how he had been muttering 'Mary' over and over again but when he woke up, he asked for Bethany so he needed her to come.

"Zedd has been trying to contact you but he said you didn't pick up" Jade informed Bethany once she came out of Gwen's room.

"Oh yeah, I put my phone on silent so that I can put Gwen to sleep," she said and they both made their way downstairs. "Any news yet?" she asked when they settled on the kitchen stool.

"Well, he has woken up... thank GOD but the doctor said he kept muttering Mary's name continuously," she said, and Bethany kind of felt bad that he seeks for his late wife but just tried not to put any meaning to it.

"That lady probably triggered a memory of his wife that got him in that state so no hard feelings felt, I am just glad that he is awake, but is he okay?"

"Yes, he said that he is okay and recovered from the shock more quickly than expected. He told me that he asked for you when he woke up" she said and Bethany felt a bit okay, just knowing that.

"I guess I have to head to the hospital then. Gwen is okay, she just needs more sleep and she'll be back to her bubbly self" she tells Jade.

"I am so glad to hear that, Ricardo will be so grateful for this even his parents will be please to know of what you did for her"

"I do it because I care and the love, I have for her and his family. His family is mine" she shrugged.

"Your thoughts are really pure and genuine, I am glad that he is marrying you"

"Me too, I am lucky" she giggled and they shared a hug.

"I have updated his parents about how he is feeling and they want you to facetime with them when you go to meet him so that they can see him," she tells her.

"Thank you, I forgot to keep them updated about how things were,"

"Nah, don't be, you were busy making their granddaughter, okay so it's totally fine. Please take care and keep me posted on what is happening and also tell Ricardo that I am sending my best wishes"

"He will hear, and just tell Gwen that I will be back in case she wakes up"

"Sure, bye" she waved then closed the door when Bethany left the house.

...

The elevator made a 'ding' sound before it opened and she walked out of it and towards the waiting area as she saw Zedd texting on his phone and Rosalie's fiancé with his phone to his ear there.

Zedd was the first to notice her and he stopped what he was doing and stood up with a frown that now graced his brows. He looked at the woman who had a huge grin on her lips before speaking up.

"Mary? How... how is that... how is it possible? You're not..." he shook his head as the frown deepens.

Leonard noticed what was going on so he ended the call and stood up he looked in between the two of them as he tried to understand what was going on.

"What's going on? Who are you?" he directed it at Maureen.

"I am Maureen, Mary's twin sister and I came here to see Ricardo... you know to rekindle the fire and love between us"

That snapped Zedd from whatever daze he was in and this time, the frown on his face wasn't that of confusion but of anger.

"What do you mean by rekindling? Your late sister was Ricardo's wife and mother to Gwen and that has ended years ago now he is very much happy marrying the love of his life" he said to her.