Chapter Fifteen

"That would be $1500 ma'am," the cashier told her and she fished out her purse and brought out her credit card before handing it over to the cashier.

The other lady at the counter was putting every purchased item into the store's customized nylon bag.

"Here is your card and receipt ma'am, do have a great day," the red-haired said to her grinning.

She smiled back and collected her card and receipt and the already packed goods from the other lady "Thank you. And have a great day too" she turned to the left and began to the door where the security guy awaits by the door.

"May I see your receipt ma'am?" he stretched his hand and she put it in his hand, he went through it and looked into the nylon bag that held the content in the receipt. "Here you go ma'am, have a lovely day" he gave her after punching a hole at the top of the receipt with the hole puncher.

"And you, thank you" she held the hand of the door and pulled it so she could go out, and just as she stepped out she didn't see what was coming in front of her and rammed into someone. More like they bumped into each other.

Bethany had to steady herself with the door and held the person that she bumped into, when they were steady she looked at the person and saw it was a woman.

'For a petite woman she has lots of force in her.' she thought.

"Sorry I didn't see you" she apologized.

"No, we weren't watching where we were going, don't take the blame, '' the blond said, fixing any strand of hair that fell to her sides or face behind her hair.

"It's okay, I will be leaving...bye" Bethany waved and walked past her.

She smiled watching Bethany make her way to the parking lot and into a silver Bently, head gaze followed every move she made till she was out of sight. Her smiled dropped and was replaced with a scowl.

"So she's the one?" was what she made out before entering the store with the scowl still lacing her features.

***

"Wow, I am so happy for you Beth" Rosalie and Jessica hugged Beth for the nth time.

"I am glad for you big sis" Jessica bounced on the couch scooting closer to Bethany who was seated in the middle of her and Rose.

"You said you wanted to take it slow? What happened then?" Rose wriggled his brow bringing her juice cup to her lips.

"Did his kisses wipe every sense out of you and you begged him to be your boyfriend?" Jessica laughed and gained a light punch on her arm to which she responded "oww"

"Yes, I said I wanted to take it slow so I am sure he won't hurt me and leave me as Mike did, but what exactly am I waiting for? His daughter loves me, I love her and I like him a lot and he like me too. I can't let my fears get the better of me if he..." she gulped and closed her eyes a bit "if he turns out not to be the man for me... at least my memories with him were beautiful" Bethany shrugged.

"He won't hurt you, I am positive," Jessica said.

"You haven't met him yet, how sure can you be?"

Jessica shrugged "I feel he won't be like that jerk, pardon my language." she took a bite from the cookie on the table. "Remember I never had a good feeling about Mike in the first place... you were so blinded by whatever he told you to see you were jus--"

"Jessica" Rose interrupted whatever Jessica was going to say and shook her head. Jessica just sighed and took her juice from the table while going through her phone.

"What was that?" Bethany asked looking in between them, noticing how just a nod from Rose and Jessica shuts up.

What was going on? She didn't know.

"What was what?" Rose asked with a smile "how is Gwen by the way? Your soon-to-be daughter" she wriggled her brow changing the subject.

Bethany was a tad bit confused at what was happening and Rose changing the topic was weird but she decided to brush it off and ignore the feeling she had that tells her something was up. If it involves going through another breakdown all because of him, then she was going to ignore it.

If something was up they would let her know, right?

"Gwen is fine... she came out great with her test" she giggled "I feel like a proud Mum already"

"Yes, momma" Jessica poked her.

"I don't want to feel like I am taking the place of her mother. No one's mother can be replaced."

"What if she wants you to be her momma?" Rosalie asked.

Bethany shrugged and let out a huge sigh "well then, I will be her mum"

Jessica and Rosalie squealed as they gave Bethany a bone-crushing hug.

"Can't breathe girls... Can't. Breathe" she wriggled her hands in the air trying to get them off her.

"Sorry, we are so excited," Jessica said.

***

"Hey babe," she answered her phone while rubbing the sleep off her eyes.

"How are you doing? You were sleeping? Sorry for disturbing you" he apologized.

"No Mike, it's fine" she sat up from her bed "How are you? How did the meeting go?" she asked, sitting up from the bed and yawning.

"The meeting went fine, babe... I think they want to reconsider and invest" he said happily.

"Wow, that's great to hear, I am proud of you"

"I know you would Ella, I am just coming out of the building where the meeting was held so I'm going to be heading home so I can get something to eat."

"Aww... babe, if I was there I will surely cook you something" she cooed rubbing her belly

"Yes, baby I know you would," he said deeply "I miss you"

She giggled and bit her lips as she felt her face heat up "I miss you too and I can't wait for you to come back home"

"Me too Ella, me too" he paused for a while "how is the baby? Missing daddy already?" he chuckled

"Yup, momma and baby miss daddy a lot... come home soon okay?"

"Sure I will let me leave you to sleep, I just wanted to hear your voice. Good night baby"

"Good night daddy," she said and disconnected the call with a huge smile on her face.

She puts her phone on the bed and stretches then lays back on the bed reminiscing how far she and Mike have come and how hard he's working to provide for them so they can start a family.

She rubbed her bump again "all will be good baby, all will be good"

She closed her eyes and let sleep overtake her.

Phew, yet another one

Hope you like it, do share, vote, comment, and thank you!