Chapter Twenty-Six

"I am so glad you found the man for you," Rose gushed and Bethany felt like her cheeks will hurt with all the smiling.

She has had that cheerful look since the day her true love proposed to her.

It has been so honorable and beautiful for her and she kept blushing whenever anyone will say something about their upcoming wedding.

Rosaline had always wanted her and her twin sister to wed the same day but then Bethany's relationship with Mike failed and she had been depressed and sad about it but will tell her twin not to let her be the one to slow down her marriage preparations but she would always tell her that she and her fiance aren't ready yet.

But in fact, she discussed it with Leonard and he was so understanding about it. He told her no rush, that whenever she was ready, he would be ready so that was why she waited.

Now that Bethany was engaged, they have continued the wedding preparations, and although their mum and little sister are in charge of the catering of food, the cakes, and other edibles.

They wanted to shop for their wedding dresses in their mums boutique but Kris told them not to, that they should go and check other boutiques and they might find something tailored to their taste but if they didn't find whatever they were looking for, then they could come back to her boutique.

Jessica and Kris were with Jade, as they checked through what and what would be needed for the guests. They agreed on a parlor wedding.

Just between friends and family and would have the wedding reception in one of Ricardo's mansions.

While they are at that, the men were getting prepped for the wedding too.

Zedd had been filling both husband-to-be on what and what to expect before and after the wedding.

"Your marriage begins when you both tie the knot. It is now you and your wife then your family. Your wife and kids to come are now becoming your first/new family when you get married so after your new/first family are okay and sated, you can now extend to the rest of your family"

"Having a new family doesn't mean you should neglect the family you grew up with and focus on them only. What you need to do is manage the time spent with your new family and the family you grew up with. It is all up to you"

"No wonder you never miss a time to visit or check up on your mum or sisters" Ricardo commented then finished the last of his coconut juice.

"Keeping them balanced is what is very important," he told them.

Even Kevin shared his own experience and gave advice to them about marriage and all.

"Marriage can differ for many people, what might happen for you might not be what will happen for him," he said to them and they nod "Your first marriage will definitely not be like your second, I am saying from experience"

"Yeah, I know. I am nervous though" Ricardo told him and he chuckled.

"Even I felt that way too when I was marrying Kris. My first wife died of cancer and it felt like I wouldn't find someone like her then I met Kris and it was a whole new level. I still have memories I had with my first wife but with Kris, it is very different, I can't say how but it is, I felt it and I know it" he told them.

"I can totally relate. I love Mary so much that was why I made a decision to stay closer to our daughter and not allow a maid to take care of her. I only dated because my mum wanted Gwen to have a mother figure in her life but Bethany is beautifully different. I can totally relate Kevin" he pats his shoulder.

"What of me, this is my first time being a husband or a family man, how do you think it would go? Do you think I would do a great job?" asked Leo.

"No one ever knows whether or not they would do good when it comes to marriage or parenting" The three men responded at the same time.

"Look, it is all new. We are never ever ready for things, even when we tell ourselves several times that we are more than ready, we are never truly ready for anything" Zedd said.

"But when that stage comes, then it will determine if you are really ready to take it on for the rest of your life" Ricardo continues for him.

"Being a married couple and parent is a life-long job and if you will not be able to take all the responsibilities that would come with it, you shouldn't even attempt doing anything that will result in you being a parent or married" Kevin said.

"If you think you can take up whatever might come then go for it," Zedd said.

"I am not excepting Bethany to react or behave the same way Mary did when she was pregnant when she finally gets pregnant with our child but I am prepared to take up whatever that comes because I want to."

"You might not be ready but if you are prepared for what will come and really want it then it will be tested, right brother?" Ricardo asked Zedd.

"Yeah, why are you asking me?"

"Jade is expecting, you to be going through some okay stage since it is her okay stage too," Ricardo told him.

"Whatever, but you get it right?" Zedd asked them both and they nodded.

"So you guys are good to go, now I have to call m-" he was interrupted by the ringing that was coming from his phone.

He picked up and saw it was his wife calling.

"I was about to call you babe," he said on the phone to her after excusing himself.

"Aww, great minds think alike," she said and he chuckled. "I called because I wanted you to help me get some fruits for two of us, mum and Jess. You can bring in some junky too Papi" she said teasingly and he groaned.

"Not you are trying to bribe me by calling me, Papi. I will bring you, ladies, your fruits in a few minutes, I will get a variety so you girls can eat whatever you want"

"Alongside my junky, I love you baby" she made kissy sounds on the floor and he smiled.

"I love you too, just don't tell your brother," he said.

"Not a word, will be expecting"

"Okay, see you later" he disconnected the call and went into the discussing men's midst again.

"I need to leave already, wifey needs Papi," he told them.

"She bribed you again?" Ricardo asked.

"Er... you weren't supposed to know"

"Dont worry she wouldn't know I am aware, just don't get too much of it and we will be good" he said to him and Zedd nodded then left them.

"So back to what we were discussing"