Chapter Seven

"Let him in," Zedd said as he put down the receiver then he heard a knock on his door and said come in.

"Hello my dear friend," Ricardo said and came to seat in front of Zedd.

"Am surprised you knocked" Zedd told him.

"Oh, come on, Zedd, can't I be civil again?" Zedd just shook his head and they shook hands.

"How is Jade holding up?"

"She is great" Zedd sighed and rubbed his eyes.

"What's wrong? Is she fine? Is everything okay?" Ricardo asked, he seemed alarmed.

"Yes, everything is fine and she is. It's just that she had false labor two days ago, the doctor said because of stress and she should avoid it as much as possible"

"Oh GOD man, I hope she listens and just stops her work till she is okay enough to move around like she wants to. I know how hardworking she can be but when you need rest, you need to take it to avoid fatality"

"She has to but she has just been worried since you her grandfather had that life-threatening stroke the other day, it has taken a toll on us... on her mostly"

What Zedd said made Ricardo upset since he found out about his dad's attack yesterday. And he was also worried about poor Pa's health.

"You'll get through it okay?"

"Sure" Zedd answered and then smiled.

"So, what brought my precious friend to my office? Not every day we get to see you, eh?"

"Can't come to meet my friend?" he replied, Zedd just rolled his eyes at him.

"I need to finish up this paperwork," Zedd said going back to what he was doing before his friend came. Ricardo's face suddenly lit up with excitement.

"I came to congratulate you on the success of the new branch you opened in Africa," Ricardo said with a grin and Zedd grinned back and they shook hands and did that male hug.

"Oh, thank you, man," Zedd says as they both sat back on their respective chairs "It was really a tough one trying to build it up there, you know it's my root and I want to make life easy and good for them," Zedd says as he dropped his pen and rubbed his eyes like he was reliving the things of the past

"I understand, you are doing the best you can for your people" Ricardo replied. "I was in that position before and look at me now. They were quite rebellious but when they how it benefits them and their families, it has been going great since then" he added.

"Yeah, some of them are getting used to the idea already, but some are still adamant. I do believe that with time things will be better," Zedd says and Ricardo nodded.

"With time" Ricardo responded "Speaking of black roots, I met a queen some weeks back.

Zedd raised his brows up in amazement and Ricardo continued.

"We bumped into each other but I never saw her since that time until last week and I invited her for dinner two days ago" Ricardo explained and his friend paid attention to him as he spoke.

Zedd was quite surprised because Ricardo had not talked about any girls since the death of his wife and with how he was speaking of this lady, he was sure that the lady got him good.

"You don't believe but Gwen likes her, a lot," Ricardo says making Zedd chuckle. "Honestly"

"I know my friend, I know how Gwen has a distaste for girls you dated in the past, or let's say 'ladies your family pushed to you' you know". Ricardo shook his head, he knew who Zedd was talking about.