Chapter Thirteen

She got out of her car which was parked in the parking lot opposite a school building and walked toward a big tree that was a few meters away from the lot.

One side of the big blue and cream gate was opened allowing parents to come to pick up their wards, she saw cars going in and coming out after passing the security at the gate.

She had not seen the one she wanted to see, 'where is she?' she wondered, this was the place he told her and she decided to linger for a little bit more and there came a handsome man with a little girl, he was holding her hand and was telling her something which made the little brown hair girl giggle.

A smile formed on her lips at how cute they both looked, she knew he would turn out to be a great father, so she hid behind the tree properly so she could continue to watch them. Dang! She wished she could walk up to him and give him a hug like old times. 'Oh, how time flies' she thought with a smile on her face.

She watched as they kept walking towards a black Mercedes Benz, then her eyes darted to a blondie in a tight skimpy dress trying to catch up with him at the same time dragging a little girl with her. She watched him turn around to look at the blonde woman who had a big smile on her face.

"Who is she?" she asked herself looking down in thought, then back to them to see the woman shamelessly combing her hair trying to look sexy or alluring in his eyes.

She flared in anger, already tempted to go up to them and drag that woman into the gutter and teach her a lesson. 'No one touches what is mine' she said in her mind. She looked back at them to see him shaking his head and before turning away to his car. He puts his daughter in the back seat and followed suit before the car drove off leaving an angry-looking blondie on the walkway

"Yup serves her right...that's my Ricardo" she gave a short laugh and walked towards her car and pulled out of the walkway back to her office.

...

"Really? e no get mind be that" Bethany said to her twin on the phone.

She was making sauce she would eat with the bread she got the previous day. She poured the cut-up veggies into the pan and began stirring it, before adding the fried shredded meat.

"Wait, you're cooking? Nawa oo is like this Ricardo guy is changing you" Rosalie commented and earned a laugh from Beth.

"Change ke?" she gave another short laugh "You guys make it seem like I don't cook or anything... hmm... I cook oo, it's not just all the time" Beth defends herself.

"I hear you, anyways Leo and I's engagement party will be in three weeks," Rosalie said with excitement "I am excited!"

Beth smiled at that "Your voice shows how excited you are...and I am more than excited that you found the one for you. The one who isn't scared of the 'tomboy' that you were" she said with a laugh. "I hope you told him all the time you chased boys around in school and beat almost all the boys that made me cry?" Beth asked with a smile.

"Yes, he knows about all those, he sometimes teases me"

"And you'll blush like the innocent girl you are... not"

"Duh!"

"Whatever, when are you coming over? The photoshoot was a success and remember 'The Vogue Her'?"

"Yes, I do, what about them?" Rosalie asked.

"They saw the pictures that were taken on that day on one of our social media accounts posts and would want three of us to be on the cover of their upcoming issue... my P.A informed me about it, so we need to discuss that" Beth switched off the stove and took the pot from the stove and puts it on the counter, then brought a plate and fork, she rinsed them under the running water in the sink and served herself.

"Can you perceive the aroma coming from my veggies?" she asked her sister as she took a bite from her food.

"Yup, I am tempted to come over now but Leo is going to cook dinner for us both," Rosalie replied.

"Aww, that's cute, where is he? Have you shopped for your engagement attire yet?" she asked all at once.

"He is upstairs resting, it's almost evening anyways, and no, I haven't"

"Well, we can go shopping tomorrow, unless you want to make your dress for yourself."

"Err... I am yet to decide, but I will soon...and I would come by maybe on Friday if you're not going on a date with... you know" Rosalie said in a teasing voice.

"I don't know about that, but okay when you come, we will talk better. '' She took out the bread from her fridge and opened it, then took five slices before tying it and taking yogurt from the fridge.

"Okay, bye"

"Bye sis" she hung up the call and continued eating "This food is nice," she said and opened YouTube on her phone so she could watch some ridiculousness videos.

...

"So, Gwen," Ricardo said, catching his daughter's attention. They were in the living room. He had just finished reading some emails and she was watching a cartoon on the Disney channel.

"Yes papa" she tore her eyes from the T.V to look in her father's direction.

"What would you like to eat?" he asked lightly, patting her head.

"Hmm... I don't really know," she looked away in thoughts "Maybe some pasta will do" she shrugged.

He chuckled at what she just did. 'She is growing really fast'

"Pasta and?" he asked again

"Chicken, or what do you want?" she asked looking back at the T.V "I miss Bethany, when will I see her next?" She turned back to look at her dad.

"Whatever you want to eat princess," he sighs and carries her so she is sitting on his lap "I miss Bethany's company also... I will call her up and see what we can arrange, okay?"

She nods happily.

"Do you want to help me out with cooking?" he asked

"Yes," she cheered with a wide grin on her face.

He stood up with her placed on his hip as he carried her and switched off the T.V, then made his way to the kitchen and a mental note to call Beth, he did miss her but didn't want to pester her.

***

PS: Ridiculousness is a TV program I used to watch since I was a little child and up till now, I still do...it is hosted by 'Rob Dyrdek, 'Chanel West Coast' and 'Steelo Brim'...in case you're wondering. Wink