Chapter 47 - Breaking News

(I burnt down the Minsung tree. This was my plan since, oh, halfway through this story, but it made me sooooo sad :( I was literally writing this saying "whyyyyyy you don't have tooooooooooooo!!!! You're the authorrrrrrrr!!!" as a lot of my writing turns into. I got a major surprise next chapter though ^^)

Two men kidnapped day of hearing safe, suspect in custody

Last week, Jin Mireu, 26, was arrested for two counts of kidnapping and sexual assault, and arson.

On the day of the Senate hearing, Lee Felix, 22, and Seo Changbin, 23, were kidnapped by Jin and his accomplices and taken to Jin's residence. The Superior D'Accord Apartment Complex was the scene of the harrowing events. In police testimony, Lee and Seo said they were held for five days with their wrists tied together and legs tied to a chair with coarse ropes. During that time, Jin would sexually assault them while they were defenseless. A Superior D'Accord spokesman declined to comment for this story. The police department also declined to answer why they did not pursue the case before Lee and Seo's friends found out where they were and freed them.

Jin Mireu was only discovered to have kidnapped the two young men after he was caught setting fire to the forest near one of the mental health centers that was included in the coordinated attacks that happened across the country. The center was the same one that Lee Felix works at, and several of his friends attend. They eventually protested the president's order, and had a series of articles written about them that went viral.

The building suffered minimal damage, but the fire to the forest nearby took several hours to extinguish, and destroyed the entire landscape. Efforts are being made to clean the area and save any surviving wildlife nearby. If you would like to donate to the efforts, please visit the World Wildlife Fund's website, who has teamed with a local forest preserve company to expedite the repair efforts.

When asked about Jin Mireu's arrest in a press conference, the police chief would only quote what words Jin said while he was being arrested: You took away my love, so I took away what mattered to yours. The chief is not sure what he meant by that. His best theory is that it is a message to Lee and Seo, and perhaps Lee's brother Minho, who is well known in Superior circles, though he's not sure of its specific meaning.

Additional details are being withheld since the case is under further investigation. If you saw or heard anything suspicious the day of the Senate hearing, or have any other knowledge about Jin Mireu, please contact us through our website.