Chapter 30 - Informant

Earlier that day:

Hyunjin decided to visit Felix during his lunch break, and they were sitting on the bench facing the forest underneath the trees. Hyunjin had picked up a salad on his way over since he was dieting to prepare for a photo shoot next week. Felix was enjoying the sandwich he made with a tin of pretzel bites sitting partially open on the bench to his left between him and Hyunjin.

"You sure you don't want at least one?" Felix teased his friend with the yummy bite-sized cylinder.

"Nah, I'm good."

"I wonder how Min is doing at the Senate debate."

Felix desperately wanted to go with but couldn't get the day off for it. Hyunjin didn't care either way, though he was still passionate about the cause. The governmental red tape and discussions were boring to him. He had been using his social media to help spread the ideas his friends had exposed him to. A decent number of Hwangers signed the petition, and there was a lot of re-evaluation of their own gender and sexuality. Finding a famous ally sparked a trend of #notmygender so others could find other 'gender: unclear' fans, or those who felt that way.

"I don't get how anyone could find that interesting except Seungmin."

Felix chuckled between bites of his sandwich. "It's hearing what different people think and why they think that way. Right up my alley."

"Okay..." Hyunjin reconsidered his position. "So psychology stuff for you, major nerd out for Seungmin, revenge for Min, Sungie because he's whipped, but why Changbin?"

"He's always been an open-minded guy. He loves hearing different opinions."

"That makes sense." Hyunjin conceded after some thought.

They kept talking about little things back and forth until someone approached them very directly. His dark eyes stared through Felix as if he wasn't there.

"Hello." He stood up straight, but held himself oddly. "Are you Felix?"

"Yes." Felix looked confused. "Do I know you?"

"No, but I have information l need to share with you. In private."

"No you don't." Hyunjin started to stand up, but Felix held his right arm..

"It's fine, Jin." He stood up, intimidated by the man's height, but tried to stay calm. "Let's take a walk around the building and talk."

Hyunjin looked skeptically as Felix started walking behind the building and disappeared. He didn't trust him. Something seemed familiar about the tall and suspicious man. Hyunjin, off instinct, opened their group chat and scrolled up to the picture Minho sent.

They looked identical.

"Felix! Hey Felix!"

Hyunjin sprinted from his seat down the path behind the building, but was too late. Felix was getting dragged to a black car and getting shoved into the trunk. The man jumped into the backseat, barely making it into the car as they sped away.

All Hyunjin could do was spam the group chat.

Guys, someone kidnapped Felix!!!

It's the guy from the photo!

They're in a black car!

Help!!!!!

No one responded. He tried to call Minho, but his phone was off. They didn't allow phones so no one could record the Senate proceedings. He even tried calling Chan and Jeongin, but knew they usually didn't have their phones next to them at work.

Hyunjin collapsed in defeat behind the building he held most dear, where he met his best friends who loved him for who he truly was, at a complete loss for what to do.