Chapter 51

RAPHAEL

    My brows deeply knitted themselves while my restive eyes were focused on my phone which rested in my tensed fingers.

   I recieved a video from Leila. She didn't even send a call or a voicenote of any sort. She just randomly sent this video. I at first thought it was a video about how things were going on back home which was why I didn't want to open it immedately but now my eyes are eating up what I can't make out of.

  Where is Nicole heading with miles?
Why doesn't that woman listen to me?! I assigned Leila to look after her because I know how unsafe it is right now.

  If one of my goddamn enemies couldn't reach me, Nicole would definitely be the next target. Her safety is so important to me.
I specifically ordered her not to go anywhere without Leila.

  Even if she disobeyed me, I had at least expected it to be that she went with Sofia or Emilio and not with Miles.

  My face was disconcerted in anger, my fist balling up the more I focused on the video.
"Fuck!!" I yelled almost hitting my phone on the ground.

  I closed my eyes to calm myself for a bit but it was of no use as my body had already been doused in a fury of indignation.

   Why would Nicole go out with Miles for fuck sake!? Where did they go to?

  Miles. I honestly don't know why but I don't trust him. I trust Nicole but not him.
Especially how overly nice he is around Nicole.
Just the thought of it got a bomb exploding in my head.

  I clenched my fist and deleted the video. God truly save Miles if he has developed an attraction for Nicole.

  I'll make sure I give him a very horrible death.

I immedately began dialing a number on the screen of my phone.

"Hello" leila's voice said with so much glee.
Bitch.

   "What did you just send to me?" My voice irritatedly spat at her.

"What do you mean capo?" She chuckled.

"Don't you dare act smart with me Leila!" I yelled hitting my already balled fist on the table placed in front of me.

"Don't make me repeat my question Leila" I gravelly warned her.

If only she could see how infuriated I was. I was infuriated with Nicole for stepping out with miles and also Leila for not following Nicole.

  "I sent you the reality of things back home capo dei capi"  Leila sighed over the phone.

"Non mi piace proprio quello che sta insinuando--- I resent what you are insinuating" I switched to Italian.

Not willing to back down, Leila prod further. "È la verità. Non riesci a vederlo- it's the truth. Can't you see it?"

  I chuckled darkly.  "Tutto quello che vedo è che stai cercando di mettermi contro mia moglie-- all I see is you trying to instigate me against my wife"

Leila sniggered, "Non lo sto facendo-- I am not doing that"

"Ok then. Why did you then stand there recording my wife and miles when you could have followed them to make sure she is safe? You know her safety matters to me!" I queried Leila.

"Should I pitch myself in where I am not invited? Is Nicole a baby that she needs to be reminded that the area isn't safe anymore? She herself experienced the series of attacks in Mexico and Cuba" Leila retorted back.

  In a way, she was right.  Nicole has full knowledge of the way things are right now. Nobody can be trusted and nowhere is hundred percent safe.
But why did she go out with him anyways?

"Look Raphael.." Leila began after an unsettling silence interluded our discussion.

"You care for Nicole but it doesn't seem like she cares for herself. If I had told you Nicole went out with miles you wouldn't believe me so I had to record it. You love her but does she love you the way you love her?"

"Leila!" I raged once again.
That very thought got me inflamed with such an unexplainable anger.

"I'm sorry capo" Leila muttered.

  Without giving her a reply, I cut the call and shot up from my sofa.
My blood was toppling and boiling.

What sort of feeling is this?

I briskly walked over to the wet bar and took a bottle of whiskey that was half drunk.

  In one long drink, I was boozing down the contents without stopping.

"God damn it!" I furiously threw the bottle, smashing it into smithereens and littering everywhere with pieces of broken bottle.

  In no time did about five guards come rushing towards me.
"Clean this" I ordered to no one in particular and dashed upstairs with my breathing heavy.

* * * * * *

NICOLE

  I fell on the bed with a wide grin on my face. Today was so satisfying.
   It had been ages since I actually went to a tech company.

  Raphael had always locked me indoors, keeping me from doing what I loved doing on the basis of safety.

  Though I understood his fears but I need to have a life outside this mansion. I am not a stay at home wife. I detest that.

Miles took me to the company he worked for and I met with the boss under his specialisation.

Everybody and everywhere felt so refreshing. I was able to show off my tech skills and I got highly praised.
It reminded me of the old times back in Nigeria.

  I've never felt so rejuvenated. I thought i didn't want this job but walking into that company completely changed my mind.

  I wanted to discuss this with Raphael but I knew it won't be easy.

This isn't the first time miles offered me a spot in the company he worked for.

  My brows furrowed as I tried thinking of how to present this news to Raphael.

  My phone suddenly rang and my heart leaped when I saw it was Raphael.

"Hello baby" I smiled cheerfully.

"Where did you go today?" He suddenly asked causing me to get taken aback.
His voice was anything but pleasant.

"Well i just--" I hardly completed my sentence when Raphael rudely interrupted me.

"You went out with miles right?" His voice dropped dangerously low and hoarse.

How did he know?
Did Leila tell him?

"Shocked?" Raphael rhetorically asked.

"I was planning on telling you though" I spoke up finding my tongue.

"What is your problem Nicole? How many times must you be reminded that the area isn't safe any more. I can't have you going out especially not with Miles"

"Is this about you worried about my safety or you don't just trust miles?" I asked with brows hinted up.

"Both Nicole!" He retorted back.

Before I could speak, Raphael's acrimonious voice interrupted me once more.
"I don't even want to know why you went out with him but Nicole if you do this again without my permission, I promise I'll come down to Italy and punish you" he uttered underneath his breath.

I felt cold shivers run down my spine.
"And I'm sure you know how I punish you" he balefully added before cutting the call on me.

What the hell just happened?
I wanted to tell Raphael of my going out with miles myself because I knew how he would react if some one else told him.

But he found out before I even told him.
Only Leila can do this. She was the only one present at home when miles came over.

  "What the fuck" I hissed in frustration.