Chapter 13

Raphael sighed and groaned within himself as he kept on listening to the various chattering of the people around.

  He had met with different elite class individual and they had just been talking business all through.
He was really tired and he was sure Nicole was also tired of the repeated greetings and business talks.

   "So I was thinking If we could actually work together, you know a partnership between us..."the older man announced to an obviously tired Raphael before handing him his business card.

Nicole watched Raphael take it with a forced smile. She felt sorry for him. He had been engaging in various discussions with people and from the look of things he was clearly not interested in talking again.

"Oh yes. Thank you. I'll contact you"Raphael answered, taking the business card and glancing at it.

  "Mr Justice. Wow. Such a pleasure seeing you. I've always wanted to see you.."a shrill voice whipped across to them. A young woman and a man strode confidently towards Nicole and Raphael.

  Raphael glanced at Nicole who glanced back at him with a tired look on her face. They both heaved a sigh as they continued their ritual of interacting and greeting individuals.

  As they kept on talking, a pair of eyes was watching them.
Leila.

  She felt her blood boil when she spotted Raphael entering the hall with Nicole.

Raphael had told her she should come with him to the function but she didn't expect him to come with Nicole.

  She had atleast hoped her and Raphael together would lead to more bonding but all her hopes were dashed away seeing him come with Nicole.

  He didnt even acknowledge her presence, instead he walked alongst side with Nicole, greeting people.

  Leila's mind took a walk down memory lane as she remembered when she and Raphael would attend various functions and meeting together till people actually started believing they were married.

Goddamit! She thought.
Nicole's sudden presence in her life was a nightmare.

  Nobody knew how she loathed Nicole on the inside. She just had to put up a farcade and stoic expression to cover up her growing, dangerous hatred for Nicole.

   Her fist clenched and she walked over to the bar. She sat on a stool next to it and placed her hands on the counter.
Her fingers were furiously dancing on the counter as her bloodshot gaze was stationed on Raphael and Nicole who were engaging in different conversations with people.

"That should be me goddamit!"she blurted out in a fit of rage.

  "Would you like a drink?"A masculine voice asked.

Leila turned her back to face a young blonde man who sat behind her.
She eyed him as he offered a soft smile.

"What do you want?"she spat.

He let out a deep chuckle.
"Just wanted to know if you mind having a drink with me"was his calm reply.

"And why do you want to know if I may ask? Am I the only person who isn't drinking?"Leila shot back rudely at him.

She cared less how he would feel about her tone.

"Well I noticed you seemed tensed that's why I offered if you would mind having a drink with me. You know it will calm you down"he offered with a pleasant smile on his face.

  Leila scrutinised him. She expected her rude tone to knock him off but he was still here.
She gave a reluctant nod and a broad grin walked to his face.

"Um bar man?"He called out.
After about ten seconds,the bar man approached them.

"What can I offer you both?he asked politely with a smile as he rubbed his hands together.

"Um two shots of tequila please"the young man said with a smirk.

Leila arched a brow at him but shrugged her shoulders as the bar man nodded his head.

  He then returned back with their drink and placed it before them.
Leila sculled it down in an instant, not minding the fowl taste of the alcohol.

"Calm down miss"The young man cautioned.

"I thought you wanted me to have a drink"Leila shot back once more.
He chuckled at her feisty nature.

"I did but I don't want you to get drunk"

Leila huffed and rolled her eyes. "I won't"

  He sighed and took a sip of his drink before leaning his hands on the counter, observing an agitated Leila who watched Raphael and Nicole like a predator.

"Why do you look so tensed?"He asked, trailing his eyes with her focused gaze on Raphael and Nicole.

"You want to know why?"she sarcastically replied with a question.
He nodded and she gave him a sly grin.

"It's none of your business"
Wow. She was such a hard nut crack, the young man thought to himself.

"Why are you staring at that man and the woman next to him? Are you angry with them?"The blonde persisted further.

Leila quickly turn to glare at him and he jutted his chin towards Raphael and Nicole, wanting an explanation.

"And why should I tell you? Are you stalking me?"Leila snapped at him.

"Nope" he replied with a shake of his head.

"You've been staring at them for a long time now"he added.
Leila became short of words. She didn't realise she had been so engrossed in staring at Raphael and Nicole.

  The young blonde surveyed her facial features. She seemed really tensed.

"Do you know that woman?"He queried once more.

"Why do you ask?"

"I'm attracted to her. I just like how she carried herself when she entered into the hall. You know with so much confidence. And she is melanin skinned. I have a thing for black women. I won't call it love at first sight but I'm definitely attracted to her and I'll love to get acquainted with her"he boyishly grinned.

The man watched as a grin walked to Leila's heart shaped lips.

"Really?"she asked hyper.
He nodded at her.

"Seems we might just have the same agenda"Leila muttered underneath her breath.

He gave her curious brows.
"What do you mean?"

"Let's just say..."Leila began hesistantly. " Well let's say I feel the same way for the man by her side"

  The young man smiled at her"Interesting"

Leila stretched forwards her hands to him. "My name is Leila"

"I'm Miles"he replied as he accepted the handshake.
He smiled within himself. He had gotten what he wanted.
The fire had been lit, it was just a matter of time before it turned into an inferno.