Chapter 28

NICOLE

    The room was dark, the only light illuminating it was the one shining from the blue screen of my laptop.
I was surfing the net, searching for available tech companies in need of workers.
  It felt like I was the only person in this mansion not engaging in any sort of job. I had every thing I wanted at my disposal, well Raphael made sure of that, but still I was beginning to feel like a house wife.

  It was sickening. I hated the feeling.
I had to get a job. Besides everyone else was always working and Raphael clearly never had my time these days. Instead of brooding over his frequent disappearance at least I could get a job and keep myself busy.

The cold breeze rushed into my room without any hesistance, roughly blowing my braids over my face.
I whipped my face to the windows that were opened wide open. The soft rays of the moon struggled to stay filtered through the foggy clouds.

    A deep exhale escaped my lips.
Raphael was still not yet back.
Would he even come back home this night? He didn't come back home last night and I hadn't heard from him since the minute he dashed out to attend to his mafia.
I rolled my eyes in disgust as I thought of it. It felt like I was sharing my husband with his job.

   I peaked a glance at my phone that laid on the bedstand. No fucking calls or even text from him.
I tried calling him but it was always busy. Couldn't Raphael just have the decency to actually call me knowing I would be sick worried about him?

  I suddenly had the urge to scream out but I managed to suppress it and shut my eyes close.
In a flick, Leila's words about Raphael meeting with different women began making its way into my mind.

  Was he actually using his mafia as an excuse to see other women?
Wasn't I pretty enough for him?
I felt a gag haul up to my throat and I gulped hard before flying my eyes open.

  A rapid knock on the door cut through my thoughts. My eyes snapped to meet the door in a hyper state, my heart racing to the stars.

  Creaking open slowly, dishevelled hair and steel blue eyes met with my dark brown orbs.
Clothed in a creased shirt with the sleeves rolled up and tainted with blood, I need not to be told what Raphael had been up to.

  He shut the door and took pondorous steps inside, his figure blending with the darkness that seemed like it wanted to suck him into its shadowy abyss.

  He stood right in front me.
With tattoed hands tucked inside his pockets, he gazed at me, carefully studying my expression whilst I focused back my attention on the computer.

  I could feel his gaze on me which got jitters spreading in my body but I suppressed my somewhat tensed state and kept my total focus on the computer.

"Baby girl"I heard his baritone voice call out to me.
"Daddy is home"he added sultrily.

"Let daddy go back to wherever he is coming from"I scoffed back not caring to look up at him.

"Nicole look at me"he requested.
I rolled my eyes and stood up to place my laptop on the vanity table in our room, ignoring his presence.

"Nicole I said look at me!"He commanded authoritatively, dragging me back and gripping both my arms.

"Why?!" I snapped back, my eyes locking with his.
His eyes bore into mine, trapping me into his fiery gaze.

"You left since last night. You fucking left in the middle of the night. No calls or texts. Even when I tried calling you it was always busy like what the fuck Raphael! Do you realise I'm your wife?!"I spat in anger.

Raphael didn't give me a reply. He just stared at me as I rambled. God it irked me watching him stay silent.
Can he just spill something out!?

"Fucking talk Mr Raphael! Are you working or you..."my voice trailed off with my lips drawn downwards.