Chapter 22

Raphael had his hand encircled around Nicole's waist as he supported a limping Nicole in her steps. They were heading to the other victim's ward.

Nicole stopped walking for a brief moment and sighed. She felt she needed the short walk break.
Raphael caressed her waist as if telling her she will be fine. She understood his touch and smiled at him.

"Why don't you just let me carry you Nicole?"Raphael asked once they began walking again.

Nicole shook her head. "I need to exercise my legs by walking"

"If we keep walking at this rate we will reach the other victim's ward by sunset and before we get downstairs it will be midnight"
Nicole tried to hold in her laughter at Raphael's reply.

Raphael sighed and in one scoop, he picked her up bridal style.
Nicole had her lips parted and encircled her arm around his neck as he began walking.

Her eyes observed the multiple glances she got from people in the hallway and her face turned red.
"Raphael people are watching us" Nicole whispered immedately.

"So?"Raphael replied unfazed.

"Put me down. I can definitely walk"Nicole whined.

"Not a chance my lovely wife"

"Raphael I swear I can walk fine. Just put me down please"Nicole persisted further.

Raphael looked down at her and looked back up.
"Let's go home quick so I can fuck that sweet, warm, wet mouth of yours wife"Raphael sniggered.

Nicole could feel the blood drained from her cheeks and her face was absolutely flushed of colours.

She knew it would be fruitless asking Raphael to put her down so she might as well enjoy the warmth of his body irrespective of the multiple stares they got.

She rested her head on his chest as he kept on walking and suddenly felt the urgency to sleep off in his arms.
"Good kitten" Raphael lowly groaned.

Soon enough, they had reached the other victim's ward. The door was slighty opened. Raphael pushed it more with his leg and walked inside with Nicole in his arms.

The patient in there was aroused out of his light slumber by the sudden whiny sound of his door been pushed open.
His eyes flittered and he blinked severally till his vision was adjusted, trying to make out the features of his two guests.

Raphael dropped Nicole down and she almost gave out a cry at the loss of the body contact.
"Relax"Raphael motioned to the patient who tried to sit up.

"I'm fine. Please who are you two?"the patient asked meekly as he finally sat up straight, his back leaning against the cold walls of his ward.

"I'm Nicole and this is my husband Raphael. I was the one that crashed into your car"Nicole nervously stated.

She browsed the young man's features. His eyes widened in surprise even though he knew fully well who they were the moment they stepped into his ward.

"Oh"was all he said.
Nicole exhaled and gave him pleading eyes. "I'm really sorry. I'm deeply sorry for putting you through this...i"

"It's fine"he quickly interrupted her from speaking more.
He gaze narrowed to Raphael who stood close to Nicole and had his arms crossed against his chest. "Tell your wife not to get too tensed up. I'm fine now"

Raphael leaned in closer to Nicole and caressed her braids. Nicole looked up at him before facing the patient. "I'm glad you are better now"

"You should also be careful with how you drive Mrs Nicole" he admonished in a slightly acrimonious tone.