Chapter 1

NICOLE

"Nicole"
"Nicole"

I felt a familiar voice probing into the abyss of darkness I had fallen into accompanied by mild tappings on my shoulder.
It slowly drew me out of my unconscious state. I yawned on the back of my palms and I rubbed my eyes trying to regain my full consciousness

"We are in italy my love"Raphael gently said as he gave me a tender kiss on the forehead.
My eyes immedately shot open and I sat up straight, excitement bubbling within me.

"Are you serious!?"I practically screamed.
He chuckled and nodded his head at me, brushing off strands of my scattered hair from my face and combing it downwards with his hands.

"We just landed my love. Now I'll lead you to the air hostess while i go make some arrangements ok"
I nodded my head at him, my face beaming with smiles as he took me out of the cabin.
The beautiful air hostess gave me her most polite smile and motioned for me to take a sit whilst Raphael headed outside.

"Would you like any thing ma'am as you wait for your husband?"
That word--Husband. I was really married. Raphael and I were really married. I still couldn't believe it. I thought I would never fall inlove after Jordan's incident but here I am, married to the man of my dreams.
The man I loved deeply.

I smiled sheepishly at her as she mentioned 'Husband'.
"Just that strawberry drink you gave me earlier"

She nodded and left. In no time she came back with a strawberry drink and handed it to me. I mouthed a satisfactory thank you to her.
My eyes darted towards the window as I sat next to it and I spotted Raphael talking to four built men putting on grey suits. The men looked so familair.
It felt like I had seen them before. It suddenly clicked to me. They were the same men that according to Raphael 'flew all the way from italy to Nigeria to tell him bullshit'.

I subconsciously chortled as i took a walk down memory lane. Remembering that fateful day i eavesdropped on their meeting. I was so frightened and pale when Raphael caught me. I thought he would shoot me.

Behind the men were a fleet of about ten shiny, breathtaking cars all doused in black. One was a limousine and they all looked so intimidating.
Raphael turned towards his private jet and I waved at him, hoping he would spot me. Six men of equal muscularity stepped out of some of the cars and followed him.
He did spot me and he winked at me. I blushed at my silliness as I noticed the air hostess was watching me with a smile on her face.

"My love did you miss me?"Raphael asked with a grin and another wink that made a butterfly garden sprang up inside me.

"I did. Can I come outside now? I want to go out"I whined childishly.
He was holding a gift bag. Where did he get it from? He must have probably gotten it from one of the men when I wasn't watching.

He dipped his hands inside it and brought out a scarf, an umbrella like plain straw hat and two pairs of sunshades.
"Take this hat, scarf and sunshade. Put them on ok"
He handed them to me and I stared at the items, confused. "Why Raph?"

"Paparazzi. I don't want anyone trying to be nosy around my wife"He said authoritatively as he wore a pair of the sunshades he had. I complied with his directives and put them on. He wrapped his hands around my shoulder protectively as we stepped outside the jet.
The six men bowed at us. They looked so intimidating, each on black sunshades and security earpiece worn around their ears. They were all claded in black sharp tuxedos.

"Benvenuta in italia" They all chorused along. I almost jumped out of my skin as a result of their deep baritone voices echoing together.
I looked up nervously at Raphael. I had no idea what they said.