Chapter 33

RAPHAEL

Our flight to Mexico lasted for more than ten hours. Arrangements had been made for every one of us in ensuring a safe and secured flight with no hassles.

   Aurora, Emilio and Sofia were the first to travel out. Seems they were so eager to meet Uncle Alessio especially Sofia. She eagerly wanted to leave the Italian soil.

  I had some of my underbosses follow them in ensuring their safety.
My four closest capos and my most trusted assassin had all flown out of Italy, the Constanzo and Justice suites covering their flight arrangements.

  It was a good thing because it gave I and Nicole some private time. She was very much excited to go to Mexico.

We left italy by two am so as to arrive by day in Mexico.
  We spent most of our hours on air making out, fucking and conversing with each other.

  Now Nicole was fast asleep. She was clearly exhausted. I didn't want to arouse her from her slumber.

I just watched her. She slept so peaceful.

  Her lips were peach coloured and plump. It took every self restraining cell in me not to suck on them.
No sign of laugh lines in her forehead or creased brows.  Her breathing was calm, her engorged breasts heaving slowly as she slept.

Some strands of her braids covered her face. I carefully tucked them behind her ear so as not to wake her up.

She was like my innocence. This was the clear vivid image of someone who didn't have the least worries in the world.

  I didn't want to disturb her.
Her fast asleep gave me enough time to focus on getting background information about Ivan's brother, Lev.

  I also went through all our business files and contracts in the mafia, sending some to Thomas and Lorenzo to examine.
I needed to find out if this so called Lev was among our business partners.

  Marco and Luca already had work on their hands. Once they landed in Mexico, I assigned them and some of our men to meet with some Mexican politicians.

  Power thirsty bitches...I thought with a smirk. The fight for the seat of power is very bloody.
Well power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

That quote was made by Lord Acton, an English historian in the nineteenth century.
And it was the fucking truth.

Their main goal was to get into the political seat, the method they wanted to use to achieve their aim didn't matter to them.

   They were willing to purchase arms and ammunitions. I cared less to be very fucking honest.
All I wanted was the easy flow of our ammunitions into Mexico. I also wanted the recognition and fear that came with it.

  The Mexicans had proven to be very loyal and supportive and also the Cubans--thanks to my uncle Alessio.

  The only problem I had was in
Ecuador and Columbia. Our goods had been targeted and sometimes they went missing.
I knew Marcello was responsible. The fucker had been cheating me---reporting half sales and laundering the money sent into Ecuador and Columbia.

I was too busy focusing on our African and Middle Eastern partners that I pushed his misdemeanours aside.

I'm glad I cut down on his profit and his supply. One more slip up from him and he will be a goner.

  Though our Mexican partners had proven loyal to me, something still bugged me.
A child assassin organisation ran in the heart of Mexico under the guise of an orphanage home.

    Diego Perez, a deadly crime lord that had his base running all the way to the united states was in charge of that horrible organisation.
Our families had been involved in human trade and training child assassin for decades until I decided to terminate it all.

  I cancelled all human trade affairs under our jurisdiction--in legal terms and I terminated our various partnership deals.
I did bad things and I wasn't no saint but taking children, selling them and training them into assassins was something I couldn't tolerate.
I know fully well that our partnership being terminated would incure a huge loss on his path but I can't have a child trafficking business going on in my mafia.

I ordered Perez to shut down the organisation but I got word from my uncle that the disgusting trade was still going on.
Seemed Perez liked doing things the hard way and I was more than happy to show him how I handled people who defied my orders.

  By the time we landed, Nicole stirred up from her slumber. 
She was so cheerful and as happy as a lark.

  I led her into our waiting limousine, enjoying the high spirits she had.
"Mexico is busy Raphael. I wish to explore it later in the day" Nicole merrily squirmed in her seat.
  From the shining bright sun to the parked classic cars in every buildings to the bustling streets filled with the chattering of individuals, stalls and musicians playing at almost every corner; Mexico was truly very busy and colourful.

  I watched her with a smile on my own face. Her curiosity and innocence, eager to explore and her thirst for new knowledge was spell bounding.

  With the limousine looming to a stop, Nicole immedately slid off my laps and stepped out as the chauffeur opened the doors for us.

  My uncle's guards welcomed us into one of the Constanzo's Villa.
My uncle had taken the liberty to arrange for our housing even when I had multiple penthouses scattered around Mexico.

  Nicole took in all the surroundings as we walked into the villa, hands interlocked. The excitements bubbled within her. Written all over her face, she clearly could not contain her joy.

"Raphael this place is beautiful"Nicole squealed to me as we passed the pool with hammocks over it.

"I'm glad you love it" I replied opening the door to the villa.
My uncle really gave us his most secluded villa close to the coast.

  Nicole rushed over to the outside patio.
The banging of the waves hitting the rocks could be heard. The roaring waves continued forming white foams upon hitting the rocks.

  The bright, hot noon sun made the sea waters sparkle and glimmer under its rays.

Birds soared in the air, flying with the wind.

"I love Mexico!"Nicole excitedly shouted into the air making fits of laughter erupt from within me.

I encircled my hands around her waist, pulling her warm body into mine.
  The salty air, light and refreshing, kissed against our cheeks, gliding through our hairs and pushing it across our faces.

I closed my eyes and nuzzled against her neck, her sweet cologne filling up my senses.

  Allowing the peace envelope us, we stood in each other's arms, watching the sea.