Heading to California

It was during a party I felt it. I felt my body being attacked and I didn’t know why. I knew I wasn’t in heat anymore so why was I feeling so much pain. George sat me down in a chair outside and watched me as I clenched and unclenched my shirt. There was something terribly wrong with Landon I could feel him being ripped to shreds. I tried my best not to scream in pain when I felt something scratch across my chest. Then it was over the pain was gone and I looked into George’s grey eyes filled with concerned.

“I’m okay…for now,” I said standing up. It felt like the air was getting thinner and I looked around to see if someone was smoking something illegal. When I saw no one else besides George, I sighed.

“You should probably go home you don’t look to good,” he said studying my features.

“Alright if you say so Dad,” I said walking back into the room.

“I am not your father. I’m just a concerned friend,” he said in my ear.

“I guess,” I retorted.

We navigated through the cramped room and out the door. The air smelled different fresher, cleaner. We walked to the elevator and got in with a few other people. The ride was silent and I scanned everyone’s faces through the reflection in the door. The elevator stopped, the doors opened and we all tumbled out. I linked arms with George and we walked to his car. Once we were in his car, he turned to look at me again.

“What?” I asked feeling self-conscious.

“Nothing,” he replied simply turning on the car.

“Okay…” I said looking out the window.

I started to think about Landon as George pulled out of the parking lot. I wonder if the hunters attacked the pack and he was in a fight with Henry just like in my vision. I was deep into thought when suddenly a sharp pain spread through my chest totally catching me off guard. I screamed making George swerve the car and pull over. I closed my eyes as the pain increased and held on tight to my chest. Then it was all over the pain was gone and I was left with a burning sensation in my chest. I opened my eyes as the burning subsided and was left with a feeling of emptiness. I felt an unbearable wave of sadness come over me and I started to weep.

“Rosa what’s wrong?” George asked touching my shoulder.

“I need to go home,” I cried.

“I’ll take you home,” he said and I shook my head.

“I need to go home,” I repeated stressing out the word home and he finally understood.

“I’ll take you back to your house and arrange for you to get home,” he replied getting back on the road.

“Thank you George,” I said looking out the window.

“You’re welcome Rosa.”

The rest of the ride was silent and I didn’t feel the need to cry anymore although I still felt sad. I just wanted to crawl into bed and sleep these feelings of sadness away. Soon I was home and George told me to pack my bags because I was leaving tomorrow.  I walked through the quiet house actually taking time to notice my surrounds. It seemed beautiful and pure in here but I never noticed it until now. I went into my room and locked the door I didn’t feel like being bothered. I packed my suitcases and got ready for bed. I made sure to charge my phone so that when I was back in the U.S. I would send a text message to Lucas telling him to pick me up from the airport. I closed my eyes and started to pray hoping that I’ll see Landon another day.

~~~

After saying good-bye to all of my friends, I boarded the plane to California. George said if I needed anything to call him and he’ll make it happen. I was anxious to get back onto American soil I’m not going to lie I had fun in Japan but there’s nothing like the great USA. I was asleep for most of the flight over and the other half I listened to my iPod or read a book. When I finally got off the plane, I took a deep breath and smiled. I forgot when was the last time I’ve been to California I think it was two years ago. I walked through the airport until I heard someone call my name. When I looked around I finally saw Lucas and Amelia standing by a vending machine with a sign that had my name on it. I smiled and ran over to them and jumped into Lucas’ awaiting arms.