Landon's POV

Landon’s POV

I stormed out of her room furious that she would lie to me her Alpha about something as important as Carter being her mate. Why would she lie to me? Does she think I like her so she was trying to protect my feelings? I have to admit I do like her for some crazy reason but I don’t like her that much that I would be sad over something like this. I felt a sharp pain in my chest and I’ll yelled out in pain.

“Oh God!” I shouted through the woods clenching my chest. What the hell is going on with me? I swiftly shifted into my pure black wolf. I have to get out of here for a while and think about what just happened.

I can't believe that Carter is her mate. I mean now I understand why Carter is so interested in her. But I don't know something just doesn't seem right. Why would she still let Carter act like a whore when she's his mate. Not unless she hasn't told Carter. That's probably what happened she was probably going to tell Carter but then he got kidnapped and now she's anxious to go find him. I still think she deserves someone better than him a whole lot better. 

"And who would that person be?" My wolf asked. 

"Honestly I don't know," I replied. 

"I think you do know. You just have to discovered it for yourself," he said. 

"Well I wouldn't be a good candidate since I’m just as bad as Carter. I'm also weak to she is a whole lot stronger than I am and that was even before she turned eighteen." 

"Then why do you feel so protective of her?" He asked. "You already know that you are weaker than her but yet you still want to protect her." 

"I know," I said pondering on this for a moment. "I just can't shake this protective state that I’m in when it comes to her." 

"And your possessive," he said. 

"I wasn't possessive. You were," I told him and he growled at me. 

"Whatever just think about your actions towards her and your feelings for her," he said. "You like her more than you think you do."

After that, he cut off his connection with me leaving me to my thoughts. I thought about how I felt when I was around her. It was as if nothing else matter just her. Whenever we touched for the briefest of moments, I would get a weird tingling sensation that I just couldn't shake off. I couldn't help being a little upset about her spending time with other males. I like her I know that but why does it feel like there is more to it than a simple crush.  

~~~

“Mom how do you know when you have found your mate?” I asked my mom later that day. I was curious about it now since I was at the age that most would find there mate. 

“Well there are a lot of signs,” she said. “One sign is when you look at each other in the eyes you will only see that one person and no one else. Another sign is if you touch, you would feel this after effect like a tingling sensation on your skin. Their scent is imprinted to your brain. You’re overly protective and possessive of them and you can’t stand the thought of them being with someone else. You’re always thinking of them and in your eyes there the most beautiful thing on earth. There’s nothing that can compare to them. Lastly, since you are an Alpha the mating effects are stronger than a regular werewolf.”

 I sat there letting everything she said sink in. With most of things, she said they were true when it came to Rosa. But the only thing that I didn’t know was true was the eyes locking part. Since she wears contacts now I’m not too sure if I locked eyes with her that she would be the only one I would see.  

“Thanks mom,” I said giving her a kiss on the cheek then standing up to leave.

“You’re welcome Landon,” she said giving me a smile.

I left the room and headed out the door with one thing on my mind Rosa.  I took my time getting to her house since I wanted to be mentally prepared for whatever might happen. I walked up to her front door then knocked. I waited patiently for someone to open the door and when they did, it was Lucas on the other side.  

“Hey,” he said.

“Hey, I came to talk to Rosa,” I said and he let me come in. I headed to her room breathing in the scent of jasmine as I walked through the hall. I stopped when I came to her room door then knocked. I didn’t hear an answer so I pressed my ear to the door to listen. I heard her moving around quickly in her room so I knocked again. This time there was a pause then a intake of breath. When I heard her let the breath go she muttered a curse then started moving even faster.

 “Rosa, it’s Landon,” I said a little worried. She didn’t say anything so I tried to open the door but it was locked. “Rosa open the door,” I said angrily.  

I didn’t hear her approaching steps towards the door so I began trying to open the door myself. When I finally got the door open, I looked and saw her perched on her windowsill. She looked at me with a determined face and jumped off.  

 “Rosa,” I yelled rushing over to the window.  I looked out and didn’t see her beautiful white wolf anywhere.  I was furious why would she l Leave like that. She must have known something in order for her to leave. Then it finally clicked in my head why she brought those contacts so she wouldn’t feel attached to me if she looked me in the eyes. She knew it before I did and I guess she didn’t expect me to find out so soon.  

 “Mate,” I growled storming out of her room.  

Sorry it was a short chapter but Landon found out that Rosa is his mate! Now everything is going to change...