My Escape

I jumped off the window and landed in my wolf form taking off like a speeding bullet. I was the fastest runner in the pack so it would take a while before they reached me. But I didn’t plan on them reaching me I planned on getting away. 

“He knows,” my wolf said to me a few minutes earlier.

 “Who knows?” I asked.

 “Landon knows that we’re his mate,” she replied.

 “How do you know this?”

“His wolf is calling out for me,” she replied happily and I muttered a curse. I quickly got out of bed and made my way to my closet. I started to pull out clothes and pack them in my carry bag that I would take on missions.

“What are you doing?” she asked realizing that I wasn’t happy with her.

“I’m leaving,” I told her looking to see how much money I had in my wallet I had enough for a cab to the airport.

“What? Why?” she asked frantically. 

“Because he won’t accept me for me, he’ll only accept me because of the mating bond,” I replied.

“That’s a lie!” she shouted.

“Really, can you prove that it’s not true,” I said calmly. By this time, Landon was on the other side of the door trying to get in.

“No,” she said dejected.

“That’s what I thought,” I said hurrying over to the window before Landon burst through my door. I took one look at him he seemed mad and worried then I jumped out the window.   

Thanks to Lucas, I knew where they kept Carter. He was in one of the hunters’ guest pack house one that I was familiar with to so it wouldn’t be too hard for me to find him. I made my way into the hunters’ territory. I saw a few hunters watching me as I ran across the border but they didn’t attack because they knew who I was and they knew not to harm me. It took me ten minutes before I reached the house. I shifted into my human form and put some clothes on. I quietly walked over to the house smelling unfamiliar scents some werewolves and others hunters. I was on high alert when I heard a snapping sound to my left I looked quick enough to dodge a bullet to my arm. I shifted back into my wolf form and took the enemy out easily. 

“Carter can you hear me,” I asked voicing my thoughts to him.  

“Rosa,” he said weakly through the mind link as I took out another hunter. Dang these guys are weak it must mean that their leader is weak.

“Hey I’m here to come get you as requested,” I said then took out two hunters at the same time.

“Yeah, I can hear that,” Carter said with a chuckle. If he can hear me taking out people it must mean he isn’t that far away. 

“I’ll be there soon okay,” I said.

“Okay,” he answered and I cut off my link to focus. There weren’t that many people guarding Carter from the outside just a few hunters that I took care of in a matter of minutes. But I wasn’t sure about the inside as I shifted back into my human form. I made my way into the house it was now dark outside and that made the house ten times worse since no one knew how to turn on a light. I walked around stealthily sniffing the air to pick up Carter’s scent. When I caught it, I swiftly made my way to the basement. A young woman with black hair and light brown eyes suddenly stopped me.

“Hello Rosa,” she said.

“Hello Elena,” I said with a smirk. XII real name is Elena.

“It’s been a while since I’ve last seen you. My have you grown,” she said with a mischievous smile. I saw her eyes flash to something behind me and I immediately reacted by kicking out my leg and hitting a snout. I turned around to see a black and brown wolf growl at me. Boy is she stupid I thought to myself. I jumped in time before the wolf attacked. It collided with Elena and she hissed I looked around to see if there was anyone else but the house was quiet and I only smelled three scents.