The Ceremony

I have been counting down the days to the New Year and finally the day has come. Lately I’ve been busy rehearsing for the ceremony. It’s suppose to take place in the clearing in the woods. I’ve been on edge all day I couldn’t sleep last night and I couldn’t eat this morning. Landon told me to go take a nap so here I am lying in bed trying to fall asleep but I can’t. Landon is busy so I can’t ask him to join me. I took a deep breath and inhaled the scent of red oak trees. Wow that smells good I said to myself inhaling the scent again. I got out of bed and followed the scent down the hall. I didn’t’ realize where I was until I saw several pairs of eyes looking at me. I was standing in the Landon’s office and the scent I was looking for was right in front of me. But it wasn’t Landon’s scent it was Liam’s scent that was so appealing.

“Oh sorry,” I said lowering my head.

“It’s okay Rose, was there something you needed?” Landon asked. My eyes flickered to Liam’s then back at Landon.

“Um can I borrow Liam when you’re finished with him?” I asked nervously.

“Sure I’m finished with Liam now,” Landon replied looking at Liam. “Is there a reason why you need him?”

“I…uh…” I looked at Liam and he grinned.

“Finally caught a whiff of my scent,” Liam said and my eyes widen. How did he know?

“Well yeah,” I said. “But I need him for a private matter.”

“Hmm okay,” Landon said dismissing us.

We walked out of the office and closed the door. Liam took my hand in his and I felt the sparks shoot through my hand. He led me to the kitchen where there was Elizabeth’s famous homemade cookies sitting on the counter. He grabbed two of them and looked at me.

“Say ahh,” he said opening up his mouth a little.

“Ahh,” I opened my mouth wide enough for him to feed me the cookie. Why was I letting him feed me?

“Good girl,” he said messing with my hair. What does he expect me to do now? Wag my tail and bark.

“You know I am in my human form,” I said walking away.

“I know but I couldn’t resist,” he said following me up the stairs.

I rolled my eyes, “Jerk.”

“I heard that.”

“Good because I wanted you to hear it,” I snapped stopping in front of his room.

He put his hands in defense, “Well sorry.”

I ran my fingers through my still messed up hair, “No I’m sorry I haven’t been eating or sleeping lately. So I see how that’s affecting me.” 

“You know I think I can help you with your sleeping problem,” he said with a grin.

“Really…how?” I asked unsure.

“Come with me princess,” he grabbed my hand before I could object and we entered his room.

“Um what are you doing?” I asked as he led me to the bed. 

“Wait right here,” he replied.

“Okay.”

He walked over to his dresser and pulled out a pair of his sweat pants and shirt.

“Change into my clothes then get into the bed and go to sleep.” He said then walked out. I stood there with my mouth opened. Did he just tell me what to do?

“He really did just tell you what to do,” my wolf laughed.

“Does he think I am going to obey him?” I said crossing my arms and starring at his clothes.