Check Mate

4 YEARS LATER

For the past four years, I’ve been enjoying my engagement. Landon has built a house for us to live in for when we officially get married and have kids. Although I think, he expects many kids but I only expect one or two. We haven’t fully mated yet even though there have been a few close calls due to each time I went into heat. I seriously think that female humans are lucky that they only have to deal with their period. I have to go through heat and my period and neither is very pleasant.

But onto a positive note I’m finally graduating with a masters in business administration. My graduation is in two days and I’m so excited because the wedding is in two weeks! The thing to top all of this off is that since I’ve been interning for the past two years under a financial manager at a local bank they said when I graduated I atomically get to work with the bank. When I think about working at a regular job and running the pack it seem quite tiresome but since I’ve been doing it so far and haven’t complained I think I can do it for the next couple of years.

 Last year when Landon graduated he finally told me a secret that he thought I didn’t already know. He told me how he had dyslexia and that is why he never really did any of the paperwork when he was growing up. When he told me this, I just smiled and told him that I already knew that since Elizabeth told me. Since one day I ranted about how he didn’t do any of the paperwork and just partied all the time she told me he had dyslexia and that was the end of my ranting. Of course I didn’t tell him the actual story I just quickly changed the subject. After that Landon hasn’t mentioned it again and I’m glad he hasn’t since I told Elizabeth that I wouldn’t tell Landon that she told me first but I totally forgot about it until after I admitted the truth.

Landon and my dad have been getting along very well. So well in fact that my dad has now replaced Landon’s name with the word son and Landon has placed my dad in an Elders position along with Carter’s dad, Mr. Robertson. He even asked my mother if she wanted an Elders position but she has declined for now since she is a little bit more focused on the wedding since she actually expects to pay for some of it. But I reassured her a number of times that Landon and I have enough money saved up to pay for all the wedding expenses but she has still put aside some money just in case. I just can’t wait until the honeymoon since we’re spending a week in Japan and a week in New Zealand thanks to Mr. Kaneko and George.

Oh did I mention that I finally got all of my best friends to go to Florida State University with me Mikey came in the fall of my sophomore year and Lucas and Amelia came in the spring. Mikey still hasn’t found another mate yet but I don’t think he’s actually looking I think he just expects to bump into her one day and know that she’s the one. Last summer there was two weddings Lucas and Amelia’s wedding and Carter and Angel’s wedding. I don’t know why but I’m sensing a trend if Landon and I get married in June then who is getting married in July? Something to think about people, oh and I almost forgot to mention my adorable goddaughter Emily who looks exactly like Alistair although Emma claims she looks like her and my godson Hunter who looks like perfect replica of both Henry and Amora.  I spoil those kids to much when they come around and they always expect me to bake them something I don’t who told them that I could bake those cookies that they see on the kitchen counter but it definitely wasn’t me. 

~~~

“Rosa Knight,” the man who was giving out our degrees said. I totally forgot his name after he called the first person name to go up and receive their degree. I shook his hand and grabbed my degree then walked across the stage shaking other important people’s hands. I was actually asleep up to a few minutes ago since Landon had me stay up all night reviewing paperwork for the pack up until four o’clock in the morning. Then when I was just about to put my head on the pillow it was time for our mandatory morning training for all of the pack members excluding the Elders of course and all those pack members who can’t fight in there wolf forms anymore. I still can’t figure out how Landon had enough energy to go run laps around the territory when our territory is huge. But him and some of the younger male pack members did three laps around it in about two hours which is record time since it takes me two hours two complete one lap on a good day.