On the Run

NYA POV

Lloyd and I sat in a corner of the ruins of the old Monastery. It had been a week since we ran from the warehouse we were hiding in. Lloyd looked like he had lost hope in fighting back against the Sons of Garmadon. He was always so full of hope and strength, it was depressing for me to see him this way. However, he hadn't seemed to lose much hope in me; we had been looking out for each other the whole week. Getting food was getting difficult; we had to disquise ourselves and sneak into the city unnoticed.

"Hey Nya," Lloyd said snapping me out of my daydreaming. "You okay? I know you've been stressing a lot about looking out after me and carrying out my mom's last wish before she was captured, but I'll be fine. Trust me."

"We don't know that Lloyd. It's only us now and anything could happen. It's only a matter of time until the Sons of Garmadon find this place."

"Yeah, we need to find a better hiding spot where nobody would think of looking for us. I just wish the others were here..." Lloyd looked sad.

I looked down at at my legs remembering the others. Ever since they had gone missing, it had almost seemed unreal.

"Hey," Lloyd said moving closer to me.

"If the others were still here, they would've wanted us to keep fighting and never lose the sight of hope. Besides, we still have each other..."

Lloyd started to move his head towards mine. I thought we were about to kiss when we heard a noise from the stairs leading up to the Monestary.

Ultra Violet: Move it, Killow! I haven't got all day!

Killow: I'm trying, why did they have to make so many stairs anyway?

"Lloyd! We have to go! Now!" I said.

"We can't keep running like this Nya. Fighting is our only option!"

"No, the risk is not worth it."

"There is no way off this mountain other than the stairs the Sons of Garmadon are coming up right now!" Lloyd said as he handed me my spear.

"Okay Lloyd if you say so, but I'm not going to lose you!"

"You won't," he said, drawing his sword.

"Ninja-Go!" We both said in unison as we ran toward the top of the stairs.

"Wait... Where are they?" Lloyd asked confused.

"I have no idea, I heard them coming, I swear!"

"Gotcha!" Killow said as he grabbed me up by my hair.

LLOYD POV

"Gotcha!" Said Killow from behind us. I watched in horror as he swiped Nya off the ground.

"Let her go!" I said, pointing my sword at Killo's stomach.

"Ah ah ah, not so fast, Green Ninja!" Ultra Violet said from behind me, poking me with her spear.

"Arghh!" I spun around, swinging my sword at Ultra Violet. She easily dodged the onslaught.

"Lloyd!!" I head Nya scream.

"Come on Killow, we've got what we came for." Ultra Violet said, kicking me in the side.

Killow bounded towards Ultra Violet with Nya still in his grasp, kicking me down the Monastery steps. The last thing I heard was Nya calling my name before it all went black.

****

"Ah, there you are! I've been looking for you for almost an hour!"

I slowly opened my eyes, trying to figure out what was going on.

"Hey! Green Ninja!"

I looked up and saw the mailman waving a letter in his hand. Then I remembered everything.

"Where am I! How long have I been out??" I asked frantically.

"Well, you're on the Mountains of Impossible Heights. In fact, I was just on the way to the ruins of your Monastery to find you! Looks like you saved me some walking!"

The Mailman happily handed me a letter.

"How could you be happy at a time like this?" Half of the city is destroyed, and weren't the Sons of Garmadon just trying to put you in Kryptarium?"

"Not any more, they wanted me to deliver this letter to you. I'm happy just to be doing my job! See you Lloyd!"

The Mailman started scurrying down the stairs. I knew I must've been out for a while, but from what the Mailman said I must've been out for an hour or more. I opened the letter he gave me. All I wanted to do was get Nya back, and this letter was all I had to go on.

Dear Lloyd,

We have Nya. Either come to Borg Tower alone and unarmed by tonight, or else Nya is going to feel twice much pain and suffering as the whole city has already felt.

-Harumi

Oh my gosh, I thought to myself. It was then that I noticed the size of the rock I had hit my head on. It was about as big as 20 of my heads put together. I wasn't going to lose Nya like I had the others. I had even almost tried to kiss her. I started feeling guilty remembering Jay. Then I remembered how he had died.

"I will not let them die in vain!" I said out loud.

I threw my sword down and started running down the mountain towards the city. I had to get to Borg Tower. For me. For the others. But mostly, for Nya.

****

NYA POV

I gasped as I suddenly woke up.

"Where am I! Where's Lloyd? What did you do to Lloyd!" I screamed.

I noticed I was tied to a chair in a dark room.

"Oh, don't worry about him. He'll be joining us shortly," said a voice from across the blanket of darkness.

"I don't need to see you to know who you are, Harumi."

"That's right. It is me. And when Lloyd gets here, Emperor Garmadon will decide both your fates. And I can't wait to see what he'll do."

I head Harumi chuckling from across the room.

"You'll pay for this Harumi! Lloyd will make you pay!"

"Oh, I seriously doubt that. I even sent him a threatening letter telling him what we will do to you if he doesn't come. Weaponless and alone, of course." Harumi said.

"When I get out of this chair, it's over for you! Argh!!"

"Gag her!" Harumi shouted.

Killow appeared out of the shadows and stuck a piece of tape over my mouth.

"Bye bye, "Water Lily."

Harumi and Killow walked out and slammed the door.