The Search

Cole: Great. We have to search this entire island. It'll take until sundown!!

Zane: I think that's why Lloyd told us to meet up at the Monastery at sundown, Cole.

Cole: *sigh* Ok, Zane. Let's start looking.

*Meanwhile with Kai and Jay*

Kai: The caves still aren't looking so good from our last visit.

Jay: You mean the time we escaped from suffering the same fate as the evil ghost Morro??

Kai: Yes Jay, what other time would I be talking about?

Jay: I know, I know. I was just joking, Hair Gel.

Kai: What's wrong with my hair??

Jay: That was another joke, loosen up Kai.

Kai: Sorry Jay, it would help if I wasn't always thinking about how we may never see Master Wu again.

Jay: That's why we're here. Now let's do a thorough search of these caves.

Kai: You're right, let's go.

*Meanwhile with Nya and Lloyd*

Nya (on phone): You sure you haven't seen or heard a single thing, Skylor?

Skylor: Yep, sorry girl.

Nya: *sigh* Okay. Lloyd's been really depressed lately and I'm starting to get worried about him.

Skylor: He'll be fine, he is the green Ninja after all.

Nya: That's part of the problem, he has so much responsibilty!

Skylor: Well, he is the youngest one on the team...

Nya: That doesn't mean anything, he's also the toughest!

Skylor: Haha, don't let Jay hear you say that.

Nya: What are you implying?

Skylor: Nothing, it's just kind of funny how you stick up for Lloyd like this. Ha, If I didn't know better I'd say you had a crush on him.

Nya: What! I-

*Lloyd walks in*

Lloyd: Hey Nya, do the elemental masters know anything?

Nya: Nope, I was just finishing talking to Skylor actually!

Skylor: Say hi to Lloyd for me, I'll call you if we hear anything.

*Hangs up phone*

Lloyd: What's that all about?

Nya: Nothing, we were just talking about you. Listen Lloyd, I'm getting kind of worried about you... you've been dealing with a lot lately. The Time Twins, searching for Wu... It's getting hard just to hold the team together at this point.

Lloyd felt happy that at least somebody noticed he'd been stressed lately. Sometimes he felt a strong connection with Nya. They always communicated really well, and she always cared about how he was doing.

Nya: Lloyd... You there?

Lloyd: Yeah, I'm here. I know, I know, the team has taken a hit from the loss of Wu. But you don't have to worry about me, Nya. I'll be fine.

Nya: You hide your feelings well, Lloyd.

Lloyd: I am just doing the best I can. The main thing is just making sure the team doesn't fall apart and right now we need a common objective. Looking for Master Wu is what I'm using as that common objective. If we can't find him and the team loses hope, I don't know what could happen.

Nya: Nothing will happen. We'll all work through it like we always have.

Lloyd: Let's just get to Hiroshi's Labyrinth.

Nya: Setting the course now.

****

Lloyd: Nothing. I hope the others had better luck than we did. I was really hoping that Wu would be here.

Nya: So was I. After all, we are looking in some of the most dangerous and uninhabited places in Ninjago.

****

*Sundown At the Monastery*

Lloyd: Cole, Zane, any luck?

Cole: Nothing. Chen's Island is just as empty as when we last left it.

Lloyd: Jay, Kai?

Kai: I'm sorry Lloyd... The caves of despair were spotless.

Jay: Unless you count the tons of rock and rubble that were all piled up in the caves from the last time we were there avoiding a lava death trap!

Lloyd: *sigh*

Zane: What about you and Nya, Lloyd? Did you two have any luck?

Lloyd: No. No Zane, no luck at all.

Kai: Lloyd... We've looked everywhere, don't you think it's time we at least take a break to do something else?

Lloyd: Kai, it's Wu! I don't think we should even-

Nya: Lloyd.. At least just one night off might be nice, you know, to clear our heads.

Lloyd: Fine. Tonight and tomorrow we go potroling Ninjago City.

Cole: Sounds good, been a while since we kicked some butt!

Kai: Haha, don't get to excited Cole.

Jay: You'll never learn to loosen up, Kai!

Kai: Says the annoying one.

All of the ninja laugh together and go on their way to potrol the city.

Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed the first two chapters. I basically just wrote these to introduce the idea that Lloyd is at least thinking of Nya more than he was in the actual series. From here on until the four ninja and baby Wu get sent to the first realm, everything is going to play out much like it did in the actual series. The next chapter will pick up right after the Ninja are stranded in the realm of Oni and Dragon, and Lloyd, Nya, and PIXAL are left to start a resistance. Don't forget to leave comments and suggestions!