New Beginnings

Hey everybody, welcome to the next chapter. This chapter picks up right after the Ninja and Wu are banished to the Realm of Oni and Dragon and when Nya and Lloyd are left to lead a resistance. In this chapter, things are going to start getting looking pretty good for the Sons of Garmadon, and pretty bad for the resistance! Enjoy!

LLOYD POV

"No!" Shouted Lloyd at the top of his lungs as he watched the bounty get crushed along with his friends.

"Now you finally feel the pain and suffering I had to feel when my family was taken from me!" Harumi said.

"No. I won't turn out like you. This isn't the end, only a new beginning!" I said, letting myself fall off the train me and Harumi were on.

****

I shivered. Me and Nya had been training together all morning, and I wasn't making much progress trying to fight without my powers. To make things worse, I knew I only had myself to blame. If I hadn't fought Garmadon alone, I might still have my powers and then we would all stand a much better chance against the Sons of Garmadon.

"Again!" Nya said.

I knew she was just trying to help, but I was feeling exhausted and hopeless.

"Nya, I've been training all morning. Please at least let me take a break!"

Nya sighed as she watched me sit down against the wall. She came over to me.

"Lloyd, I know you feel powerless right now but you have to keep trying. It's not easy having to lead a small resistance like this, but if you're going to do it, you at least have to keep training to be the best fighter you can be without your powers! Can you do that for me?"

I caught her eyes as she looked at me. They were partially sad, but partially full of hope that I would be able to keep going. I knew what I had to do.

"Yes, Nya. I can and will keep going."

Nya smiled.

"You know I'd do anything to protect you, right? You're all I have left of the team." Nya said.

I smiled back at her. The gleam in her eyes just made me want to wrap my arms around her...

Suddenly, my mother came bursting through the doors.

"It's an emergency, we need to evacuate!" She said.

"Mom, slow down. What's going on?" I asked.

"The Sons of Garmadon are almost here! They've located our hideout and they are coming for all of us! You must go, son!"

"But what about you mom?"

"Me and PIXAL will stay and slow them down!"

"But what if you can't make it out?" I asked frantically."I need you!"

"It is not you who needs me, son, it's the people of Ninjago who need you. You are the most important one! Protect him Nya!" Misako shouted.

"Don't worry, I will." Nya said sadly, already knowing that my mother and PIXAL probably wouldn't make it out.

"We can't leave them!" I said.

Nya looked into my eyes.

"Lloyd. We have to go."

I took one last look at my mother and PIXAL before leaving with Nya out of a back window.

We ran down the streets as fast as we could, hearing bikes approaching our hideout in the distance. A partially broken TV screen on the side of an dark alley played behind us. The last thing I heard was Ultra Violets voice saying: "We cleaned up the trash today at the trash depot! Soon all of the elemental masters will be in Kryptarium! Only Green-Boy and Water-Lily to go! Help us catch them and today's bounty could be yours!"

"Did you hear that??" I said to Nya as we ran. "More of the elemental masters were at the trash depot! And now they are prisoners too... Just like PIXAL and my mom will be..." I was too upset to go on.

"We will worry about that later Lloyd! Right now we need to keep moving!"

Nya pulled me down the next street. I had no idea what to do or where we were going. All I knew was it was just me and Nya now.

I know what you guys are thinking: "Where's the damn romance?" Well don't worry, it's coming soon! All good stories need a build up before the good stuff. Bear in mind, future chapters will be longer. See you soon, and don't forget to comment.