Chapter 4

Emmita has been driving for more than an hour already, and she still can't find her destination.

"My goodness, this is so difficult. Where could that house be?"

She keeps on driving and she stumbles upon an old castle.

"Hmm... Interesting. I think this is the place."

She gets out of the mini-truck and immediately proceeds towards the front door.

She would notice the cobwebs and the little surface cracks.

"Well, I guess Halloween came earlier than I thought."

Emmita enters the door.

As she enters, she hears a sound from the other end of the right corridor.

"Hello? Is anybody here?"

As Emmita approaches the staircase located at the middle, the door suddenly slams itself shut.

"Huh?"

Emmita notices that someone is running at the corner.

"Who's there?"

She will keep on walking inside the house.

"I believe you asked for some deliveries? I received a letter this morning?"

A flower vase falls off a table.

"Aahh!" Screams Emmita.

"You can leave it at the front door." Someone whispered.

"Who said that?" She asked.

"Just do it!" The voice demands.

"Okay okay!"

Emmita then runs outside and immediately places all of the deliveries at the front door of the castle.

After five minutes, she has finally placed three boxes of vegetables at the front door.

"Here you go. I hope... That settles everything."

Suddenly, three ghosts appear in front of her.

"Wow! Veggie soup for tonight!" Says Elliot, the charming footman of the castle as he uses his telekinetic abilities to carry the boxes.

"I told you Elliot to be careful with those!" shouts Ricardo, the majordomo of the household, while chasing down Elliot with the packages.

"Here's the payment miss!" Says Charlotte, the head housekeeper.

With her telekinetic ability, she hands Emmita a pouch filled with coins.

"Thank you."

Emmita tells her before she runs off to her mini-truck and begin driving.

She takes a turn around the castle and sees a garden at the backyard.

She then notices some red flowers blooming in one of the bushes.

"A red flower! I almost forgot!"

However, just as when she was about to drive forward, she presses the wrong button, and accidentally speeds up and runs over the garden bed of the castle, damaging all the plants and crops placed in it.

Her truck hits a shrub.

She gets out feeling a little light-headed after the impact caused by the truck hitting the plant.

She then notices the damage that she caused.

"Oh no! No no no no no!" She cries.

Suddenly, she hears someone angrily shouting at her.

"WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!?"

She turns around and see a now-decaying Prince Lester, the infamous Cursed Prince.

"AAAAAHHHH!" She shouts in fear.

"WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY GARDEN?!" He outrageously asks the lady.

"You-you're the cursed prince!" She says.

"WHAT DID YOU DO TO IT LADY?!?" He continues throwing a fit of rage.

"You're-you're real! I thought you were a legend!" She adds.

"That's what they all say! I was having a peaceful life until YOU had to destroy my garden!" Lester couldn't control his emotions.

"Your highness!" Elliot calls out his master, as he is accompanied by his other servants who have been turned to spirits.

"You will pay for what you have done!"

"Look, I am so sorry! I just wanted to get a red flower for my son-"

"And now we have a thief as well!"

"I'm so sorry!"

"I had the decency to help you out in your business by purchasing some of your food, and this is how you repay me! You will NOT BE SPARED FOR THIS!"

"Your highness." Charlotte calls him out.

"Calm down! The lady most likely didn't mean to destroy your garden."

"IT WAS STILL DESTROYED!" The prince shouts.

"Here's what you will do. As payment for destroying my garden, and attempting to steal my flowers, you will be the chambermaid of this castle starting tomorrow."

"Huh?" Emmita was confused by what the zombie-looking prince was saying.

"I will let you go home tonight, only to pack your things  and probably say farewell to your loved ones. Tomorrow you will come back here to officially be the chambermaid here forever. If you don't come back, I will send my servants to go after you. I know where you live. Don't try me."

The prince gives Emmita a threatening look.

"Are we clear?"

"Y-yes." Emmita was shaking as she answered the Cursed Prince. 

It still couldn't sink into her that the legend was real.

"Now, get outta here!" Shouts the prince.

And with that, Emmita quickly rushes to her mini truck and immediately drives back home.