Time

Baylor:

It's been about two months of me working for the Russians. I have moved up the ranks and now lead a unit. We complete small missions like trades and taking prisoners.

Every now and then I catch a familiar face watching my unit. I just can't put a name to the faces. My gut tells me to trust them though.

I report to Alec for the daily update.

When I enter his office he isn't there yet. Unusual for him to be late. I sit down and wait.

When he walks in he has company. I stand up and acknowledge Alec.

"Baylor, I'd like to introduce you to Sage and Natalia," Alec says.

He is not introducing me though. I've met them before. I just forgot their names. I don't know when I met them but I know I did. I make sure to stare blankly and simply give a curt nod.

My hand unintentionally goes to my finger. I spin the galaxy ring around a little. Again something in my gut tells me to trust them.

Sage glances at me shortly before glaring at Alec.

"What do you want for her?" he says in a very unfriendly tone.

"Sage," the girl, Natalia, says, "It's to late. She is his tool now. He won't trade anything for her."

Natalia hasn't taken her eyes off me since she walked in. It wasn't just because she was analyzing me but also because she didn't want to look at Alec.

"I'm happy where I am," I say without thinking.

Sage looks even angrier. His hand moves for his gun but I quickly grab his wrist.

"Don't," I look him in his eyes, "do that."

My hand lingers for a second to long. I take a step back and look at Alec waiting for his next words.

"Natalia is right," Alec begins speaking, "There is nothing you can do to get her back. And like she said. She is happy where she is at."

Alec smirks at them. My stomach twists. I want to help them but I cant. I am loyal to the Russians.

I fidget with my ring some more. This catches Natalia's eye.

"Let's just go Sage," she says.

"No, I won't leave her that easily."

"Sage!" Natalia almost yells. "Now."

Sage clenches his jaw, still glaring at Alec. He glances at me before turning and leaving.

Natalia:

We follow Alec to his office. When we walk in Baylor stands up and nods to Alec.

I keep my eyes pinned on her. She looks skinnier. Also a little more muscular. Her eyes are analyzing both Sage and I.

Alec introduces us to her and she just nods.

I tune Sage and Alec out as I watch Baylor. It's been five months without her. Sage has gone mad. He yells at everyone and stays in his room or office all the time. Emerson is the only person who sees him often. I take care of Emerson as well but we all know he's shy and prefers Baylor.

When I zone back in I know that it's too late and that Alec won't give up anything for Baylor. Baylor says she's happy where she is. I know that one hurt Sage.

Sage reaches for his gun but Baylor stops him. She lingers for a moment longer than she should. When's she steps back she twists the ring on her finger.

I get Sage and I out of there as quickly as possible.

I don't speak of it. I don't risk it. I wait until we are all the home and in Sages office.

"Why would-" Sage starts.

"Did you give her a ring?" I cut him off.

"What?" he looks at me confused.

"Did. You. Give. Her. A. Ring." I ask more forceful and urgently.

"No-" he stops himself, "Yes. I did. It was a galaxy one. It was a promise ring that I would come back from the King Mafia."

I release a deep breath, "She is not fully mind controlled. She lingered exactly 1.2 seconds to long for someone trained by Alec when she stopped you from pulling out your gun. She then proceeded to play with the ring on her finger as if she knew it had a connection but didn't know why."

I explain what I saw.

Sage stares at me, "Is she going to be trained as well as you when she comes back?"

I break a little when he says 'when'. We don't know for sure if she's coming back yet.

"Probably better. She looks like she has gotten no sleep. She definitely has no idea what day it is. She's been with them for five months now."

Sage takes a deep breath zoning out at a random spot on his desk.

"What's her plan, Nat?"

I sigh, "I'm not sure she even knows her plan, Sage."