Ugly New Girl

Baylor

We sat on the roof of a building. I look at the city in awe. It's so pretty from up here.

"Baylor, tell me more about yourself," Sage says from across from me. I melt when he says my name.

"There's really not much. I love my parents. I have no siblings. My escape is dance. I have been homeschooled my whole life. Expect for the little incident I told you about," I stare at the plate. I told him a little but earlier.

Sage tips my chin up again, "Try again."

"I- uh. Love to dance and umm. I love my parents. A-and. Yeah. What about you?" I ask quickly taking the attention off of me.

He smirks, "Everyone is either scared of me or hates me. Or both. I have never had time for girls so I have only had flings. My favorite color is green. I was a mommas boy before she was killed," he lists off to me, smiling when he mentions his mom.

"How were they killed?"

"Ben. He had them killed. So now I plan on killing him."

Oh.

"Oh. I'm sorry that happened," I stare at Sage until I quickly notice two people being seated behind him.

I gasp, "Oh no."

Sage turned quickly. When he sees nothing he asks, "What?"

"That's my ex."

Jack and I make eye contact. His jaw drops. I look away. I don't want to see the girl he is with.

Sage laughs, "What a dumbass. He broke up with a goddess for her!" he stares in disbelief at them.

He laughs again.

I look at Sage confused. He thinks I'm like a goddess? Jack never said that to me. He said I was pretty but never anything else.

"What?" Sage asks.

"N-nothing."

Our food comes and we continue to talk and laugh throughout our meal. I never thought I would be attracted to someone like Sage. He has tattoos all over him, he wears jewelry like rings and chains and earrings. He carry's a gun on him and is almost always in a suit.

"Ready?" Sage asks.

"Yeah," I barely whisper as I think about passing Jack.

Sage puts his hand on my waist but I don't feel uncomfortable like I did with Ben. I feel safe. I even lean into his touch.

When we get to Jacks table he stands up.

"Baylor," he says.

"What?" I ask quietly.

"I'm sorry. I-"

Sage cuts him off, "We don't have the time to listen to your long fake apology. She has moved on to better things. And people," Sage winks, "You and the girl you cheated on her with can leave us alone."

I wrap my arms around Sage to keep myself from totally freaking out and crying. He is a little cocky.

We walk out and I quickly get in the car. I sit down buckle up. I'm ready to get back to Sages house.

"Are you okay?" Sage asks.

"Y-yeah," I respond.

Sage begins driving. My hands shake in my lap. I try to control it but I can't. Sage grabs my hand and squeezes it.

"It's okay. I will make sure we never run into him again okay?"

"Thank you," I squeeze his hand back and wrap my other hand around our entwined fingers.

I begin to calm down. Sage rubs his thumb against the back of my hand. I basically melt into his touch.

He's perfect I swear.

I stare at him as he drives. His nose has a perfect swoop to it. His blue eyes are stunning. Like I said before he has the physique of a greek god. His jaw line and cheek bones are both perfectly defined. His cheek bone isn't to defined to the point where you would question if his tongue was cut out like in The Hunger Games though.

"What?" he asks me when he noticed me staring.

"N-nothing," I turn away. I feel very hot again.