Death

Sage

I pound on the bathroom door screaming Baylors name.

"Baylor! Baylor please don't do it. Baylor! I love you, Baylor. I can't live without you. We haven't even gotten to get married yet. We can find another way. We will find another way."

She says nothing. The blood from her being shot in the shoulder seeps through from underneath the door.

"Baylor please!" my voice is hoarse from yelling.

Tears sting my eyes but I quickly dry them. I can't show weakness. Not now.

I hear the safety click off of the gun. I try to break down the door but it doesn't work. Carmelo and Marcus stay behind me. Both of them looking sorrowfully at the ground.

The gun shot rings out. I hear glass fall to the ground.

"Baylor?" I whisper.

The door opens. I am afraid to see if it's Baylor or the game makers.

Baylors body falls into me.

Not her dead body. No. She has lost a lot of blood and is close to dying but not dead. She shot the mirror not herself. The mirror is now broken and a path to a bigger room is shown.

I help Carmelo and Marcus climb through and then they help me carry Baylor through.

The room is big and spacious and has two throne looking chairs.

A bunch of people start cheering. A medical team comes to help Baylor. They begin to take her away to get help.

"Stop. Wait!" I yell at them as I run to catch up.

"Sir, you need to be crowned," one of the men helping Baylor tell me.

"No, I am not leaving her," I yell at him.

The man looks unsure of what to do. He glances at a woman across the room. I see her nod her head yes.

"Okay, follow me."

If I was the Mafia King he would not have to look for her for approval. This isn't over yet.

I motion for Carmelo and Marcus to follow and they do.

When I get the chance to I quickly whisper to them that it isn't over.

Baylor

Sage is going to murder me. He definitely thought I was going to shoot myself. I mean I was. But then I realized the true meaning of the riddle.

I sit up and realize I am being helped by a medical team. Maybe it's over?

"No, I am not leaving her," I hear Sages voice.

I look up to see him tell a man. The man does not immediately listen to Sage.

This isn't done yet.

My vision blurs again.

"Sage," I whisper reaching for him.

Sage

I rush over to Baylor and hold her hand. Screw all of this. If I wasn't so fucking full of myself a couple years ago Baylor would be safe right now.

"I can practically see the steam coming out of your ears, Sage. Calm down," Marcus rolls his eyes.

***

I sit in a seat next to the bed Baylor lays in. It's been a couple hours since they stitched her arm up.

I don't know what time it is. They have left us with no clue as to what the outside world is like right now.

Someone knocks on the door.

"Come in," I call out.

"Mr. Lorenzo we have one final stage for you to complete," the same woman that the soldier from earlier looked for approval from.

"Can it wait?" I ask impatiently.

"No. Now or never," she tells me.

She is wearing a black skirt and white button up top. She looks the part.

I stand up, kiss Baylor on her forehead, and leave.

"I am Ms. May. Your last step is to kill one of your accomplices," she tells me as we walk into a room where Marcus and Carmelo sit there tied up and fighting with each other. Other than those two everything else is plain black. The walls, ceiling, and floor. Nothing but us and a table with papers on it.

"No! He will kill me because you have grandchildren Marcus," Carmelo yells at Marcus.

"No," Marcus grouchily yells back, "I am older and am closer to dying. He will kill me."

"Enough," the lady says.

She hands me a gun.

Bullshit. The guns empty.

It's gotta be.

I raise the gun. I look from Marcus to Carmelo and back to Marcus.

Just incase it's not empty I decide to shoot Carmelo. He has a more chance of living.

"Once I shoot, I am immediately crowned King Mafia?" I ask to clarify.

"Yes, we have the papers right here," she points to the small table to the right of us.

"Is everything ready so that once I sign, I will be king. Nothing else has to happen?"

"I have to sign as well," she says.

"Sign it now. Then I will shoot," I demand.

She takes her time. Her heels click against the floor. The pen slowly glides against the paper. Right when she finishes and steps away from the table. I shoot.

Carmelo falls to the ground.

I sign the paper and turn with my gun aimed at Ms. May who, in return, is already aiming her gun at me.

"Nice try," she smirks.

I smirk back as I fire at her. Shooting her right in between the eyes. She falls the the ground and I call my medical team to be here this instant.