Chapter 1

Enjoy Reading ✨

Reva's Pov

"Good morning"

 I wish to my whole family which includes my mother, father and my younger brother. They wish me back and i served myself breakfast. Yum!

"you should take leave now Reva only two weeks are left in your marriage and there is a lot to do"

 my mom speaks reminding me that i am going to get married in just few da. I just nodded my head and my brother start laughing. Let me tell you younger ones are just living form of head ache. He knows how to make fun of me. I shoot him a glare and saw my father is smiling lightly.

After breakfast I bid bye to my family and left for the college. I am a professor of English literature in a central university which is quite a achievement for me in my eyes. I am a gone case for Literature, I love to read and about the characters in those books which seems so much in love and do undying promises to each other till the end of the story. I always wonder does they really live happily after the end of the story in those pages.

Well... If I talk about myself I never been in love, I don't know how it feels and now I am getting married after two weeks. It is an arranged marriage , when my parents told me about him I wanted to say no but after seeing his picture I couldn't say no. I feel a connection, his eyes hold something which pulls me in.

I know ,I know right now I am sounding like a teenager who got her first crush but what can I do it is what it is. He is 27 years old and the most handsome man I ever seen , he is tall maybe 6'2 , and out of all this I feel a connection with him.

I say yes to this arrangement because arrange marriages always excites me and he seems so perfect to me. And after all my parents choose him for me so he can't be wrong. We never talk even on our engagement. But I searched about him on net and guess what! he is famous.

CEO of Jindal industries spread all over India. He looks so perfect that I start to wonder why he say 'yes' to this arrangement. He can marry anyone then why he choose a simple girl like me. I mean I'm not that bad but also I'm not like a model. I'm just like any other normal girl. (But your mind is dirty), my consciousness says.....ughhh).

'Hey bish' 

I came out of my thoughts after listening the voice of my best friend Manvi .She is such a sweetheart. She teach political science in the same university .I hugged her and we both walked to the college.

"So how's the preparation is going on of your wedding" she asked.

"Its fine, mumma asked me to take leave today" I reply.

"Why so plain Ree ,are you not excited for your marriage ? it's not like you are going to wedded with a normal person. I mean your soon to be is such a hot piece"

" I don't know Manvi it's just I am little afraid we never talked even in engagement all he do was just a little smile with those captive eyes of his. What's gonna happen after marriage"

 I show my concern thinking about my very first meet with my soon to husband.

"Relax Ree you are thinking too much it's going to be ok and you were the one who feels a connection with him." Manvi said making me smile.